Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Maybe they’ll offer a 2011 in 9mm!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

I need to find out what a proper screw length might be. Then I'll either file down some long screws or try to find screws of the appropriate length.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    According to info from SIG--the M3 screws should protrude about 5mm below the optic. I haven't pulled the EPS off but I'm almost positive the screws I'm using aren't that long.

Talked to one of the SIG Pro Shop guys today, they haven’t seen any of the version that ships with the Romeo-X Compact yet. He’s thinking they will show the same time as the 4.25” version ships, meaning later this year. But he also said they could show up tomorrow.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    But he also said they could show up tomorrow.
    Hmm. Is it that hard to pull a couple Romeos off the production line and screw them onto a few 1911s?

Last edited by Tokarev; 04-25-2024 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Hmm. Is it that hard to pull a couple Romeos off the production line and screw them onto a few 1911s?

From your lips to Ron’s ears.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    From your lips to Ron’s ears.
    More like my lips and his ass. Does Ron care about the daily goings on at SIG? Certainly not in the 1911 line.

As is my practice with this gun, I shot it some, picked up my brass, then rounded down to the nearest 10th. This means I fired 250 rounds this morning.

The dot seems to be staying tight but the battery tray screw is walking out. The screw is pretty tiny so I'm a little shy about cranking down on it. Once I'm settled that I'm going to leave the EPS on the gun I'll put some thread locker on the battery screw.

Today I shot the Bakersfield qual three times, shot the New Improved Bill Drill (15 rounds total for each run) twice and the Hackerthorn/Dahl 3 Second Standards three times. I shot two scores of B on the new Bill Drill, shot an 80 and two 90s on the Bakersfield course and passed the HD standards.

The gun continues to run without issue. Today was some lead round nose and LSWC and a few FMJs at the end to clean any lead out. But then I went ahead and fired a few more mags of RNL just for the heck of it.

*CMC mags with Tripp springs and followers actually locked the slide open twice, I think, for the five or six times I ran them dry.

The EPS' front window is pretty darned smoky. Too many more rounds and I'd be shooting occluded....

Last edited by Tokarev; 04-26-2024 at 03:53 PM.

Oh! One thing I forgot to mention is the trigger. The sort of glitch or catch that was right in the first part of the sear movement is now all but gone. I need to put my pull gauge on too. I want to say the trigger pull has probably dropped a pound or so as well.

User Tag List