Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Nope it is the slide profile, I have holsters for 1911s with and without rails. Have a couple Safariland’s that work with both. Every 1911 I own from WC, EB, Colt, SA, Kimber 5 and 4.25 inch are interchangeable with those holsters. Sig is not, I tried my buddies Scorpion Sig 1911 in two of my holsters and it was a no go.
    The new 1911X doesn’t have the same blocky top profile as the Scorpion - it is a rounder top with styling facets. P320 styled instead of P220.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    These guns all have rails? Unless you're already running a railed 1911 in a railed 1911 holster, this gun isn't going to fit regardless.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Read my post again it specifically says railed and un-railed holster and two that work with either or. I own three railed 1911s from three different manufacturers that are all interchangeable with all my railed/light holsters. The Sig did not come close to fitting because of the slide profile.

Now if they change the profile with the new Sig 1911s, maybe they will work with a standard railed 1911 holster. But I would not buy one unless I was able to confirm this with my holsters.

Read my post again it specifically says railed and un-railed holster and two that work with either or. I own three railed 1911s from three different manufacturers that are all interchangeable with all my railed/light holsters. The Sig did not come close to fitting because of the slide profile.

Now if they change the profile with the new Sig 1911s, maybe they will work with a standard railed 1911 holster. But I would not buy one unless I was able to confirm this with my holsters.
    I did read your post but it wasn't clear to me what you were referring to.

Sig has made 1911’s with a traditional-profile slide for years, and they fit normal 1911 holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Sig has made 1911’s with a traditional-profile slide for years, and they fit normal 1911 holsters.

I’m aware of that, but I’ve never seen one even in a shop only on line and it’s not the case for all their different models of 1911s only a select few. I wish it was as easy as I’ll take that model with the traditional slide, but that’s far from the case. In reality the specific model you want will most likely not be offered with a traditional slide.

I’m aware of that, but I’ve never seen one even in a shop only on line and it’s not the case for all their different models of 1911s only a select few. I wish it was as easy as I’ll take that model with the traditional slide, but that’s far from the case. In reality the specific model you want will most likely not be offered with a traditional slide.
    They actually made quite a few models with the traditional slide, but Sig also went through a period where they introduced and discontinued models at a ridiculous rate and some of them weren’t available for very long. I was issued a traditional TacOps 1911 at my old department, and I believe those have been discontinued now too.

I’m not a fan of Sig 1911s, but ours ran a lot better than I thought they would.

They actually made quite a few models with the traditional slide, but Sig also went through a period where they introduced and discontinued models at a ridiculous rate and some of them weren’t available for very long. I was issued a traditional TacOps 1911 at my old department, and I believe those have been discontinued now too.

I’m not a fan of Sig 1911s, but ours ran a lot better than I thought they would.
    I’ve shot a few different Sig 1911s, my buddy had a Scorpion and then a different model Scorpion Empire or something like that and a more plan Jane one. They all seemed to run fine, the rear sight did work its way lose on one of my buddies guns. But that’s about the only problem he had with them. Yes Sig changes/discontinues models left and right very hard to keep up with them.

My only real complaint with them as production 1911s is the odd slide profiles, I get it Sig wants to put their stamp on their guns but it’s a deterrent for long time 1911 shooters. For those just getting their first 1911 not a problem.

i was issued a traditional TacOps 1911 at my old department
    What is that department using now?

I’ve shot a few different Sig 1911s, my buddy had a Scorpion and then a different model Scorpion Empire or something like that and a more plan Jane one. They all seemed to run fine, the rear sight did work its way lose on one of my buddies guns. But that’s about the only problem he had with them. Yes Sig changes/discontinues models left and right very hard to keep up with them.

My only real complaint with them as production 1911s is the odd slide profiles, I get it Sig wants to put their stamp on their guns but it’s a deterrent for long time 1911 shooters. For those just getting their first 1911 not a problem.
    We had issues with rear sights falling off, mag wells getting loose, grip screw bushings coming out, etc. But they ran pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What is that department using now?

The 1911’s were just for SWAT. That department, including SWAT, is about to transition everyone over to G45’s with 509Ts.

User Tag List