Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Any luck?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    A couple “you should have been here last week” comments, nothing else.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I really wish substantial reviews would show up, but I realize it’s early. I just wonder if the lack of shooting reviews is indicative of issues.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

If your like me and are already heavily invested in 1911s with a large assortment of different types and styles of holsters, you tend to automatically rule out any Sig 1911. Because of the oddly shaped slide making it incompatible with what you’ve already invested a lot of money into. Especially when there are so many others out there that will plug and play with what you already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    If your like me and are already heavily invested in 1911s with a large assortment of different types and styles of holsters, you tend to automatically rule out any Sig 1911. Because of the oddly shaped slide making it incompatible with what you’ve already invested a lot of money into. Especially when there are so many others out there that will plug and play with what you already have.
    I'd say the rail will be the impediment here and not the slide profile.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I really wish substantial reviews would show up, but I realize it’s early. I just wonder if the lack of shooting reviews is indicative of issues.
    I'd guess SIG just doesn't see the need to do an all-out Springfield Echelon or Prodigy marketing blitz?

I have no other railed 1911s, so that’s not an issue here.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have no other railed 1911s, so that’s not an issue here.
    I think I've said this already but I'd be shocked if the Werkz Origin or PHLSTER Floodlight wouldn't work here.

Also, Blackpoint Tactical is showing the 1911 X as an available option under the Model 1911 list if someone wanted a dedicated holster.

Nope it is the slide profile, I have holsters for 1911s with and without rails. Have a couple Safariland’s that work with both. Every 1911 I own from WC, EB, Colt, SA, Kimber 5 and 4.25 inch are interchangeable with those holsters. Sig is not, I tried my buddies Scorpion Sig 1911 in two of my holsters and it was a no go.

Nope it is the slide profile, I have holsters for 1911s with and without rails. Have a couple Safariland’s that work with both. Every 1911 I own from WC, EB, Colt, SA, Kimber 5 and 4.25 inch are interchangeable with those holsters. Sig is not, I tried my buddies Scorpion Sig 1911 in two of my holsters and it was a no go.
    These guns all have rails? Unless you're already running a railed 1911 in a railed 1911 holster, this gun isn't going to fit regardless.

User Tag List