Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Just going off their specs here - plus one of the options is with a preinstalled Romeo-X Compact which is RMSc. Or is 507c a variant off RMSc?

Attachment 115874

The Sig optics are the same as a 507K (if I said C earlier, I meant K) which has shorter front posts and no rear posts. An RMSC will fit a Sig/507K footprint but not the other way around.

Many (but not all- non 30 Super Carry Shield Plus and Glock Slimline MOS have all 4 posts) "RMSC" cuts are actually 507K cuts.

Point being, the RMR is too wide and Sig is always going to support their optics, but if this is the same RMSC cut that already exists on the P365, it will allow you to direct mount a Holosun EPS, EPS Carry, SCS Carry, SCS 320, and a few Sig optics.

ETA: looks like Sig is calling it the "Compact (RMSC)" footprint. Which further leads me to think its the same 507K type cut on the 365.

I'm not trying to argue with you- instead trying to point out why the 507K cut makes sense and is good news not bad news.

Site Supporter
    Did I miss a price list?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Will these be “Series 80” like previous Sigs or “Series 70”?

VCD and I both seem to be missing a price list, if one has even been listed.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Did I miss a price list?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Will these be “Series 80” like previous Sigs or “Series 70”?

VCD and I both seem to be missing a price list, if one has even been listed.
    https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...5acp-5-8rd-blk

$1500
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The Sig optics are the same as a 507K (if I said C earlier, I meant K) which has shorter front posts and no rear posts. An RMSC will fit a Sig/507K footprint but not the other way around.

Many (but not all- non 30 Super Carry Shield Plus and Glock Slimline MOS have all 4 posts) "RMSC" cuts are actually 507K cuts.

Point being, the RMR is too wide and Sig is always going to support their optics, but if this is the same RMSC cut that already exists on the P365, it will allow you to direct mount a Holosun EPS, EPS Carry, SCS Carry, SCS 320, and a few Sig optics.

ETA: looks like Sig is calling it the "Compact (RMSC)" footprint. Which further leads me to think its the same 507K type cut on the 365.

I'm not trying to argue with you- instead trying to point out why the 507K cut makes sense and is good news not bad news.
    Not taking it as an argument at all - thank you for clarifying! Once we wander away from RMR and ACRO, it’s all a mystery to me.

And from reading it sounds like the Romeo-X Compact may not be a horrid sight.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    And $1800 for the Romeo-X Compact equipped model, a $100 price break but you lose the blank plate.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Not taking it as an argument at all - thank you for clarifying! Once we wander away from RMR and ACRO, it’s all a mystery to me.

And from reading it sounds like the Romeo-X Compact may not be a horrid sight.
    The 507K footprint has, more so than the footprints for duty size guns, really become the standard for all the slim and micro compact guns. Lots of good options!

ETA- I included the SCS 320 in the list above, but that is a DPP print.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post

Here's a bit about the optic construction and features:

The optics is crafted from 7075 aircraft-grade aluminum featuring machined anti-reflection grooves on shooter-facing surfaces with distortion-free aspheric glass and a patent-pending Beryllium Copper flexure-arm adjustment system. The ROMEO-X incorporates a high-efficiency point source red LED emitter with 2 MOA dot / 32 MOA circle reticle, side independent brightness adjustment buttons, 15 brightness settings including night vision settings, and a side-mounted CR1632 battery compartment with a threaded battery cap so the optic does not need to be removed from the pistol for battery changes. Additionally, the ROMEO-X offers a low deck height for standard-height iron sight co-witness, has a minimum continuous runtime of 20,000 hours at medium brightness setting and utilizes MOTAC[emoji769] (Motion Activated Illumination), MAGNETAC[emoji769] (Magnetic Activation), and D.A.R.C[emoji769] (Dark Adaptive Reticles & Coatings) technologies.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I'm waiting for optic manufacturers to adopt the "mullet" configuration optic: RMSc on the bottom, and standard size windows.

EPSc mounting with EPS window

Romeo-X Compact mounting with Romeo-X Pro window

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post

EPSc mounting with EPS window
    Isn't that what the EPS already uses? Doesn't the 407/507K, EPS Carry and EPS all have the same mount?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

User Tag List