Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The 1911’s were just for SWAT. That department, including SWAT, is about to transition everyone over to G45’s with 509Ts.
    Are the team guys happy to be rid of the SIGs? Nobody is pushing for Staccato?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Are the team guys happy to be rid of the SIGs? Nobody is pushing for Staccato?

Before I left 5 years ago, there were a few guys that carried the standard issue Glock 21 instead of the Sig, but most guys liked the 1911. They did request Staccatos when the 9mm transition was decided, but the command staff literally laughed when they heard the price.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The 1911’s were just for SWAT. That department, including SWAT, is about to transition everyone over to G45’s with 509Ts.
    For awhile seems a lot of SWAT reams were running 1911s while the rest of the department did not. Mine never did, but interesting enough. While we had Glock 22s, our SWAT team was issued G35’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    For awhile seems a lot of SWAT reams were running 1911s while the rest of the department did not. Mine never did, but interesting enough. While we had Glock 22s, our SWAT team was issued G35’s.
    I was against the switch to 1911s, which surprised a lot of people because I was known as the 1911 guy. The people making the decisions figured we were special and needed a special gun.

Here are some good pics of the new gun. I'm curious to see what this one sells for.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1043048103

Here are some good pics of the new gun. I'm curious to see what this one sells for.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1043048103
    Too bad a goat crapped on that one…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Too bad a goat crapped on that one…
    I like the color. I think it ties in well with the M17 / P320 slide profile.

Site Supporter

I think they bring in a little 210 as well with the raised rear sight platform. You can see the slide profile lower at the rear of the optic cut plate. I probably wouldn’t mind it if I wasn’t already very familiar with real 1911s.

Interesting that the manufacturers continue to present 1911 products in 45 ACP to the market when the conventional wisdom trends to striker 9mm type service pistols for the masses.

Yeah earth tone guns, FDE and OD are usually a love or hate thing. Many really dislike, I’m a big fan and own many in both colors or a combination. I think Sig did a nice job with the FDE on that gun.

User Tag List