Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m probably going to wait until I see one in person to vet as best as I can - I’m not sure this is one to buy online.
    That's probably true of just about anything 1911 or 2011.

One thing I should have noted above (and it apparently hasn't caused any problems) is the shallow feed ramp. My sample has a frame feed ramp that extends maybe halfway or three quarters of the way to the bottom of the so-called church window. That would be something I'd maybe check in store if the shop had several units to chose from.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Hilton posted his wrap-up on this gun today. He gave points to Sig for the optic mount and the BUIS, took points away for the accessory rail that doesn't seem to fit common holsters without a light mounted.

All in all he says it's real close to being a good gun (with his changes).

...the ultra short attention span synopsis is this: if you go in expecting to do a little bit of work on it to iron out the rough spots, you'll probably end up with a serviceable "beater grade" gun.

That's probably a good summation. 1911s in particular are very much a matter of personal taste. There's probably no real reason to change a bunch of parts to get a serviceable "beater grade" but there's also no reason a few parts can't be changed to individualize and "improve" the base gun.

I don't believe I'd pay anything close to MSRP but these guns are probably a decent value in the $1300 range.

Here's one to keep an eye on:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1049093209

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 05-06-2024 at 05:43 PM.

That’s what I’m thinking. Maybe a $1200 or $1300 gun, add a few hundred in replacement parts if needed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List