Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    He’s on a subscription model, right?
    For the most part. Patreon.

He still throws like one video a month up on YouTube for marketing purposes.

On another note, I got to handle one of these pistols, a tan model without an optic.

I would say it’s a nice $1k-$1100 pistol, on par with something like a Springfield operator. As a package deal with a factory installed optic, it wouldn’t be bad for $1500.

The problem is the tan model with no optic was marked at $2k ($1999.99) this thing is not worth anywhere near that kind of money.

He’s on a subscription model, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Yup. The base level is $5 a month, which is what I have.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Sig isn't your 1911 company. No matter how hard they try. Reading some posts here it looks like Tisas might be your best 1911 for not a lot of money. I always purchased Colts and still have a few but it looks like you can train a workforce in Turkey to build a good pistol. The Chinese did it with Norinco 1911 pistols. I've examined one and it's a good $600 pistol. Selling for a lot more on some sites. Why pay more for a 1911?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I like the color. I think it ties in well with the M17 / P320 slide profile.

Does it match your handbag?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Sig isn't your 1911 company. No matter how hard they try. Reading some posts here it looks like Tisas might be your best 1911 for not a lot of money. I always purchased Colts and still have a few but it looks like you can train a workforce in Turkey to build a good pistol. The Chinese did it with Norinco 1911 pistols. I've examined one and it's a good $600 pistol. Selling for a lot more on some sites. Why pay more for a 1911?
    Nobody is disputing the value of the Tisas. What's somewhat unique and different about the SIG is that it offers a rail and is cut for an optic. Tisas makes a single stack rail gun but not with an optic ready slide.

I missed that the first time around. Now I have to wonder - are both the front and rear sight “normal” 1911 height, or is the rear shorter? I don’t personally care since if I were to get one the RDO would stay on it, but I’m curious.
    Looks like they put the rear sight on a raised island like a P210 so they can use typical Sig sights. Smart. Looks cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That’s probably hit or miss. The Stoeger Cougar was a deep decline from the Beretta made ones.

On another note, I got to handle one of these pistols, a tan model without an optic.

I would say it’s a nice $1k-$1100 pistol, on par with something like a Springfield operator. As a package deal with a factory installed optic, it wouldn’t be bad for $1500.

The problem is the tan model with no optic was marked at $2k ($1999.99) this thing is not worth anywhere near that kind of money.
    I found the 1911X advertised at $1500. For the $400 more than an Operator you get an optics cut and external extractor. A DW with no cut costs more than the SIG. My version of 1911 math is Sub$1K and $1-2K. If you're looking at >$2K it's time to go full retard and spend a lot more than $2K.

A buddy found a Max Michel SIG, but I only saw it for about thirty seconds before he locked it away in his safe.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Nobody is disputing the value of the Tisas. What's somewhat unique and different about the SIG is that it offers a rail and is cut for an optic. Tisas makes a single stack rail gun but not with an optic ready slide.

Looks like you can have a slide milled on a Tisas for about $120. Not sure how that affects the accuracy of that particular pistol though. The easy button is a SIG at twice the cost.

Gouging. Street for the black or poop colored iron sighted models at multiple sites is $1500, $1800 with the RDO.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List