Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Very interesting that they were able to maintain S80 compatibility with the optic cut. That’s not possible with aftermarket cuts, to my knowledge (at least every milling shop I’ve looked at either says they don’t work on drop safety guns or they require you to acknowledge you’re ditching the drop safety).
    The slide has no exposed spring or plunger with the cover plate off. I'd half expected to have the spring come out with the plate removed.

A down side of the external extractor is that there is no access to the retaining pin.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

First several shots. Three rounds at 10 paces. A 200 grain LSWC loaded with Trail Boss. The square is 1.5" across.

Eleven rounds of 200 grain Berry's HHP with a fairly stiff charge of CFE Pistol from about 20 paces. The group is right at 3 inches. Chip mag for size reference.

I'll get a round count here in a bit. Zero issues to report so far with OEM, Chip and Wilson 10 rounders.

Eighty-three pieces of brass picked up. I may have missed one or two when I was policing up the area. Let's round down and call it 80 for today.

Brass is kissing the bottom edge of the optic as it ejects. I don't see any damage to the glass. Yet.

One more pic for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Brass is kissing the bottom edge of the optic as it ejects. I don't see any damage to the glass. Yet.

The Holosun is quite a bit wider than the Romeo-X Compact, hopefully they won’t have the same issue:

Name:  IMG_5477.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  31.0 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The Holosun is quite a bit wider than the Romeo-X Compact,
    I could pull the EPS off and replace it with the EPS Carry. The Carry and X Compact are probably pretty close in overall size.

Ideally I'd prefer some type of adapter plate and then a larger closed emitter like the 509T or maybe the Steiner MPS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Eighty-three pieces of brass picked up. I may have missed one or two when I was policing up the area. Let's round down and call it 80 for today.
    How is the trigger on your copy? Hilton Yam posted initial impressions and he was not at all impressed by the trigger. Of course he can clean it up, but he is assessing the gun with its original parts and no smithing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    How is the trigger on your copy? Hilton Yam posted initial impressions and he was not at all impressed by the trigger. Of course he can clean it up, but he is assessing the gun with its original parts and no smithing.
    The trigger is a bit north of five pounds. It has a glitch right after initial take up. Break itself is pretty good and overtravel is set about right.

User Tag List