Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How processed is your food

How processed is your food

Pretty surprising and eye opening. Got this from an article about how people leave the US and they dont have food allergies in foriegn countries particularly gluten and milk.

https://www.truefood.tech/?store=all
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

3 things......

1. Doesnt anyone actually read the labels?

2. Stop buying packaged, premade "food".

3. Some of "better" options for the identical product have more additives and just slightly less sodium

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Pretty surprising and eye opening. Got this from an article about how people leave the US and they dont have food allergies in foriegn countries particularly gluten and milk.

https://www.truefood.tech/?store=all
    Not knowing the article you're referencing, in some cases like milk it also might have to do with what type of cow is used and not necessarily any difference in processing. Ex: A2-protein milk which comes from Swiss Brown, Jersey, Guernsey, or the various Desi breeds as opposed to A1-protein milk which comes from Holstein cows...the latter being most common in the U.S. for dairy production due to their higher rate of milk production per day.

The general consensus is that most Americans who assume they're lactose intolerant are most likely not lactose intolerant, and are instead sensitive to the A1-protein in Holstein cow milk.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

My wife and I listened to a farming pod cast and it completely changed the way we look at food. The food in our country is so highly processed and refined its barely food.

It gets really fun when you research how big name food companies are invested in medicine and pharmaceutical companies...

The wife and I are also looking hard at our food. In fact, we have a fencing company coming over today to give a quote on fencing in an 1.5 of our acres so we can look at producing some of our own meat (right now I am leaning towards sheep/lamb).

When Mum visited me in Australia over Christmas, she noted that the restaurant food was somehow better than what she got at American restaurants. Note that she's a pretty hardcore foodie and grew up in the restaurant business.

I noted that Oz restaurants didn't get their stuff from Sysco.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Not knowing the article you're referencing, in some cases like milk it also might have to do with what type of cow is used and not necessarily any difference in processing. Ex: A2-protein milk which comes from Swiss Brown, Jersey, Guernsey, or the various Desi breeds as opposed to A1-protein milk which comes from Holstein cows...the latter being most common in the U.S. for dairy production due to their higher rate of milk production per day.

The general consensus is that most Americans who assume they're lactose intolerant are most likely not lactose intolerant, and are instead sensitive to the A1-protein in Holstein cow milk.
    My wife uses almond milk because she cant tolerate kroger/meijer milk. Where do you get non holstein milk?
    Last edited by UNK; 03-05-2024 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    The wife and I are also looking hard at our food. In fact, we have a fencing company coming over today to give a quote on fencing in an 1.5 of our acres so we can look at producing some of our own meat (right now I am leaning towards sheep/lamb).
    Look for the local govt agency that has funds for farmers. My buddy got help with his barn and fencing but not in the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    When Mum visited me in Australia over Christmas, she noted that the restaurant food was somehow better than what she got at American restaurants. Note that she's a pretty hardcore foodie and grew up in the restaurant business.

I noted that Oz restaurants didn't get their stuff from Sysco.
    Ive noticed I loose weight if Im overseas for at least two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Where do you get non holstein milk?
    IDK where you live but if you have farms that sell milk or ethnic supermarkets. I get raw A2-A2 and raw goats milk that way.

User Tag List