Thread: CCI OEM primers sensitivity

CCI OEM primers sensitivity

Are CCI OEM primers (the non nickel plated primers in the white, not for retail sale box) more sensitive than the standard nickel plated available to consumers?

Site Supporter
    Edge of lane:

Way back in the last century when I was regularly reloading and based on the collective experience of my shooting/training/competing cadre - CCI Primers in both small (9mm) and large (.45ACP) were universally considered to be the hardest primers by far. This was particularly, but not exclusively true, in a wheel gun that had been slicked/lightened.

I never bought CCI when Winchesters (my favorites given how they packaged relative to a Dillion primer flip tray) or even Federals/Remingtons were available.

Given the scarcity of primers at a decent price these days…bird in the hand.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

The CCI primers available to reloaders have a reputation for being harder, but I haven't experienced that or heard the same about loaded ammo like Gold Dot or Lawman, so my guess is the primers you are asking about probably are more sensitive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Thx GJM

I have shot tens of thousands of CCI Lawman/Gold Dot in 9, .357 sig, 40 and 45 and concur. Not any harder than the Golden Saber, Ranger or WWB I have shot as well.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List