Thread: AGI 1911 Video

Site Supporter

AGI 1911 Video

Good March to you all! I'm looking for some feedback from those who own or at least have seen this AGI produced video on the 1911. I was doing a google search for such material and found a link to Midway USA. Can you tell me if this video covers the complete operation of the gun as well troubleshooting, repairing and modifying it? I'm a relatively poor old guy who can't afford to purchase things of little or no value. Thank You!

40 bucks certainly sounds like a very fair price if the video covers "all the bases"!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101421193?pid=768724

The Hilton Yam 1911 duty tune is pretty solid. It doesn't go into full gunsmith territory but it does cover adjusting trigger weight, polishing sear engagement surfaces, tuning extractors, etc.

https://www.10-8performance.com/dvd-...e/#description

I see the physical copy of the DVD is out of print. You might keep an eye on eBay for a copy if that's the format you want.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Thank you for the tip. It only took a minute to check eBay. I got a lot of crazy results, but nothing related to 1911s.

Quote Originally Posted by Danko View Post
    Thank you for the tip. It only took a minute to check eBay. I got a lot of crazy results, but nothing related to 1911s.
    The 10-8 video is available streaming on Panteao or makeready.tv or whatever they call that streaming service nowadays. I don't know what the basic level for an annual membership is but that might be something to look at.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

youtube search - wilson combat gunsmithing series VOL 1 and VOL 2

they are long videos from the VHS days. see if that will aid you.

There are also quite a few AGI videos on youtube.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Agreed. Pretty much everything you really need can be found for free on YouTube

Hi,
    It really depends on you and what you already know?

Any AGI Pistol Course, with Bob Dunlap is going to be good info from my experience.

Hilton Yams Duty Tune is also good.

I usually pick these up used at the regular places.

Walt Kuleck's Book is also great to have with a LOT of info!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List