Thread: SRO Battery Cap revelation

SRO Battery Cap revelation

Not intended to be a super serious thread, but a fun fact:
    I was at the range tonight and found my SRO to be dead. After frantically looking through my range bag for a tool to open the dreaded SRO cap without horribly disfiguring the notches, I found a pair of nail clippers in my wife's purse and lo and behold, the top handle/arm of the clippers engaged perfectly into the slot and was probably the easiest tool I have ever used to remove that damn cap. The slight curvature at the end of the handle allowed it to engage perfectly into the slot at an angle, the rounded soft edges did not scratch the anodizing and the width of the metal was actually the perfect size. So just FYI in case it ever helps another in need.

Rooting around in your wife's purse, lucky the SRO wasn't the only thing dead.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In the past, I recall someone from Trijicon monitoring PF posts concerning optics. If they saw this thread, maybe some sharp marketing type would get the idea for an SRO pro kit. They could package the SRO with some extra batteries, a nail clipper, some blue painter's tape to occlude the optic on low sun angle mornings to avoid a false dot, and throw in a "made in America" sticker. Probably get an extra 100 bucks for the package.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In the past, I recall someone from Trijicon monitoring PF posts concerning optics. If they saw this thread, maybe some sharp marketing type would get the idea for an SRO pro kit. They could package the SRO with some extra batteries, a nail clipper, some blue painter's tape to occlude the optic on low sun angle mornings to avoid a false dot, and throw in a "made in America" sticker. Probably get an extra 100 bucks for the package.
    Harsh.
    But fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Not intended to be a super serious thread, but a fun fact:
    I was at the range tonight and found my SRO to be dead. After frantically looking through my range bag for a tool to open the dreaded SRO cap without horribly disfiguring the notches, I found a pair of nail clippers in my wife's purse and lo and behold, the top handle/arm of the clippers engaged perfectly into the slot and was probably the easiest tool I have ever used to remove that damn cap. The slight curvature at the end of the handle allowed it to engage perfectly into the slot at an angle, the rounded soft edges did not scratch the anodizing and the width of the metal was actually the perfect size. So just FYI in case it ever helps another in need.

You have found yourself a money making opportunity.

Get a bunch of cheap made in China nail clippers, but specify they be powder coated matte black. Then market them as "tactical nail clippers," while highlighting their use with the SRO optic.

You can sell them for $15 each, to undercut the price of the Trijicon tool, and a bunch of cops, and Tactical Timmy's will buy them.

User Tag List