Thread: Winchester SXP 28" Shadow Grass Camo

Winchester SXP 28" Shadow Grass Camo

Just got a flyer in the mail for a Winchester Pump SXP 28" bird gun for $299.99. I've got two great Mossy semi auto's for defense shot guns 930 pro 22" and a 940 pro 18" defense guns but don't have a bird gun. I preface this by saying while my 22" has been great for clays I assume it is insufficient length for bird hunting. They suck to field strip but my Mossberg's are very reliable with any ammo I've put through them for clays or defense. For $300 is this Winchester SXP worth a look for a no thrills reliable hunting shotgun or is it junk? The interweb is lavishing praises on it so I of course come home to keep it real. As a casual bird hunter I'm not interested in a $2000+ wonder gauge but I do need a decent serviceable duck and goose gun pump or auto on the rare occasion I go out with friends or my Benelli toting father. What says the experts? Thank you!

Site Supporter
    I do see Mossberg 930 barrels are still available. Might be a good way to stick with the same manual of arms with your hunting gun, particularly with the safety. You'd have to plug the magazine, of course.

https://www.mossberg.com/930-12-gaug...try-93019.html

I have two 940's, the pro tactical that I had to ship back, but was repaired quickly and now runs just fine, and a standard 940 28 inch that has run fine as well. I wouldn't want to carry the 940 very long in the uplands, though.

I like the Mossbergs primarily because the safety is in the same spot as my over-under.

That's a great idea. Thank you.

SXPs are Turkish, which makes them a no-go for me.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List