Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recommend me a good second pistol

Site Supporter
    Do I have good enough OWB guns - yes. Are some good EDC, yes. Do I have enough pocket guns - Js and G42s - yes. Do I need a 32 ACP - Noooo! Stop me. Do I have enough 22 LRs for plinking, tertiary BUG or substitute for the Glocks - yes, Buckmark for steel.

Ok, what can I buy now - well, I'm saving up for some coin buys - that will save me. If Scotus gets rid of the AWB, then I'm doomed.

PS - do I need a semi shotgun, tempting but my Winchester 1300 Defender is fine, runs through classes and matches.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Figured I expand on this. Having a second gun set up for dry practice on a pants with holster eliminated the friction to dry practicing and helps me stay familiar with the gun between long periods of real use.

No need to load and unload the primary.
    I do the same. Not only is it more convenient, but its safer. My dry fire gun has a barrel block, and is kept in a separate lock box in the room where I practice. No gun that's capable of accepting live ammo ever goes into that room. The only time the barrel block got removed was when I took the gun to adjust the irons, and when zeroed the irons and optic, when I got a slide for a PMO.

If I ever travel to a "major" match, I'll bring that gun as a spare, but the barrel block will stay in place unless my main gun goes down. So far, I've only shot locals, and I don't bring a spare to those.

User Tag List