Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Louisiana Going to Constitutional Carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    In LA, if a store bans carry and asks you to leave and you refuse, you can be charged with trespass.
    Similar in TX... plus, we have those big ugly signs they can post...
    If you get caught carrying past the signs it's a max $200 fine (class C Misd.), but if you fail to exfil when asked, it can be bumped to a Class A.
    https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-c...al-sect-30-06/
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    IIRC, when Missouri went to CC, there were a number of advantages written into the law for permit-holders.
    TX has several.

I think AZ had something about places that serve alcohol, along with the benefits all state permits/licenses have WRT national parks / school zones due to federal law(?). This has a lot more stuff but I don't know if it's accurate or not. Sounds right.

I hope that Louisiana legislators were careful to avoid writing compromises into other parts of the law. Notably, the Texas legislature threw much long gun freedom under the bus, in an apparent exchange for a little bit of gain in handgun carry convenience. In my opinion, giving up a substantial liberty, in exchange for convenience, was a bad deal.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I hope that Louisiana legislators were careful to avoid writing compromises into other parts of the law. Notably, the Texas legislature threw much long gun freedom under the bus, in an apparent exchange for a little bit of gain in handgun carry convenience. In my opinion, giving up a substantial liberty, in exchange for convenience, was a bad deal.
    I read the bill, and all it does is delete the requirement for a permit and its prerequisites.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

I read the bill, and all it does is delete the requirement for a permit and its prerequisites.
    Good news!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Is it only a applicable to state citizens, or residence from other states eligible?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Is it only a applicable to state citizens, or residence from other states eligible?
    "Louisiana resident" language was specifically struck.. Bottom of page 2..
    https://legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=1348797
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Looks like SC’a governor just signed the bill. 29 states down, 21 to go.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Has someone mentioned that having a permit has the following advantages:

1. In some states, don't have to do a NICS - still true?
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Ohio was one of those that does, but didn't use to.
    Funny, that was how I realized that day that mine had expired. When they changed the process for CHL yours must have been renewed by the revised date in order to skip NICS, and I was looking at mine to see when I would be up for renewal and would be eligible for that new benefit. Turns out it had turned into a pumpkin 6-9mo prior.

User Tag List