Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Going to Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Who do we expect next? SC? I have a hard time imagining anyone other than SC passing a permitless concealed carry law.
    North Carolina if they get a Republican governor this year. Maybe Wisconsin if they get a Republican governor in 2026. Pennsylvania passed a permitless carry bill in 2021 but it got vetoed by the governor, but they've got a new Dem governor since then. After that, any other states passing it is really implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    it's good to know it's not needed at home.
    Or like me a decade or so back after being distracted by some serious health issues, thought to check when my renewal was due, since I was carrying most every single day.
    9 months prior...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Who do we expect next? SC? I have a hard time imagining anyone other than SC passing a permitless concealed carry law.
    There appears to be a deal between the senate and house in SC to move forward this week with permitless carry. NC has the votes to pass, but probably not to overcome an almost certain veto. If Mark Robinson wins this November, NC will happen next year.

Interesting to hear about NC’s odds. I’d love to see both Carolinas pass it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Has someone mentioned that having a permit has the following advantages:

1. In some states, don't have to do a NICS - still true?
    2. Avoids problems with the gun free school zone law.
    3. Reciprocity
    4. Lets an officer know that you are a good, legal citizen

Having more CC states is good for the cause. But a permit has practical advantages.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Yes, and the Louisana permit is one that qualifies under the Brady exemption. Not all state's permits do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are the streets running with blood yet?
    I'll check after lunch.
    Nope, not yet...
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

2. Avoids problems with the gun free school zone law.
    3. Reciprocity
    4. Lets an officer know that you are a good, legal citizen

Having more CC states is good for the cause. But a permit has practical advantages.
    IIRC, when Missouri went to CC, there were a number of advantages written into the law for permit-holders. One was if a store banned carry and you had your heater, with a permit, all they could do was ask you to leave. CC, they could have you charged with trespass. I think there was something about cities (every tiny burg there is a "city") could ban OC for CC but not for permit-holders.

Maybe they've fixed that in the last seven years, I dunno.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    IIRC, when Missouri went to CC, there were a number of advantages written into the law for permit-holders. One was if a store banned carry and you had your heater, with a permit, all they could do was ask you to leave. CC, they could have you charged with trespass. I think there was something about cities (every tiny burg there is a "city") could ban OC for CC but not for permit-holders.

Maybe they've fixed that in the last seven years, I dunno.
    In LA, if a store bans carry and asks you to leave and you refuse, you can be charged with trespass. Of course, they have to catch you carrying first. I usually handle this by not going into places that don't want my business.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

In LA, if a store bans carry and asks you to leave and you refuse, you can be charged with trespass. Of course, they have to catch you carrying first. I usually handle this by not going into places that don't want my business.
    There is a similar law on the books in MN. If you’re carrying concealed properly, there’s no issue.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List