Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone use a rubber hammer on the P365 to see if that would kill the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Thanks. I did explore the 1911-380 and the Sig 238 recently, but just online as I couldn't find either locally. I'll try calling again.
    I think the two are quite different.

The Browning is a truly scaled down 1911, it's uncanny. It's extremely cute, like railroad models with tiny houses. So, it copies the grip safety, and all other controls and features, but shrunk to 85%.

Most of the "1911-like" guns on the market draw their lineage from either Spainish pistols or from Colt Mustang. RIA Baby Rock is a knock-off from Llama MicroMax. SIG P238 was a clone of Mustang. Neither has a grip safety and their mechanism is their own animal.

Note that SIG P238 and Springfield 911 are no longer produced. Browning 1911-380 is still in production.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I think the two are quite different.

The Browning is a truly scaled down 1911, it's uncanny. It's extremely cute, like railroad models with tiny houses. So, it copies the grip safety, and all other controls and features, but shrunk to 85%.

Most of the "1911-like" guns on the market draw their lineage from either Spainish pistols or from Colt Mustang. RIA Baby Rock is a knock-off from Llama MicroMax. SIG P238 was a clone of Mustang. Neither has a grip safety and their mechanism is their own animal.

Note that SIG P238 and Springfield 911 are no longer produced. Browning 1911-380 is still in production.
    If one is going to pursue a 1911 platform but is recoil sensitive, I fully agree with your comments.

For someone who is unfamiliar with how a semi-auto works, loading magazines without a special tool, various malfunctions that happen, and how the fire control actually works, I think it's a horrible suggestion to set them up for success as a first gun - regardless if it's metal, polymer, Llama, or 1911 based.

How interesting. If this was a 320 thread, the focus would be on the unexplained discharges. The 365 has been, well boring, in terms of low drama.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How interesting. If this was a 320 thread, the focus would be on the unexplained discharges. The 365 has been, well boring, in terms of low drama.
    Agreed. I'd be interesting to have an engineering white paper done on the discrepancies between the FCU's and slide/barrel lockups. The hard part would be finding the OEM tolerances and comparing those to the real world.

Either way, wheelies or HK hammers for me, but I have severe interest in this.

Site Supporter
    My 365-380 has not functioned well with xtp hollowpoints. I haven't tried any other defensive ammo.

The malfs have been pretty easy to deal with; typically failures to go into battery. Nothing that is hard for me to clear. I've got a hand issue, so things like double feeds and failures to extract can be awful, especially in small guns.

The 365-380 does run well on speer lawman and other ball ammo, and as I noted in the 365-380 thread, any problems I had with ball went away after I put a extended finger rest on the flat based magazine.

It is a very easy shooter, great trigger and very easy to manipulate, especially with the the Talon Grip arachnigrip slide grip tape. The mags require something like a maglula to load, as they are tight.

I have seen a few relatives have trouble with the grip safety on the Shield 380 ez -- that is definitely a thing.

The 365-380 is not a bad little gun -- I've had a few 380s that were finicky and this one is probably the least finicky.

(On topic, I have not hit it with a mallet to see whether it is drop-safe).

A few anecdotal reports of women having more reliability issues than guys had me wondering if the .380 365 is grip sensitive. If so, it is a shame, as smaller stature people are the ones that should enjoy this pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Another consideration: aftermarket support for the P365 .380 is good.

Aftermarket support for the S&W EZ guns seems to be decent but not great.

How much aftermarket support exists for the downsized Browning .380 1911? Sights? I checked 6 different manufacturers' websites without success. Holsters? Privateer leather makes some for this gun, including some of their "Bilge Rat" holsters, but my favorite Kydex IWB holster maker does not accommodate this gun.

I really like the idea of an 85% size 1911 .380, but I question whether the idea has taken off.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A few anecdotal reports of women having more reliability issues than guys had me wondering if the .380 365 is grip sensitive. If so, it is a shame, as smaller stature people are the ones that should enjoy this pistol.
    A friend of mine talked me into shooting a P365 .380, and I loved it. I would have bought one except that another friend was getting rid of his G42. Since then I've met a couple of women who had them and thought they were problematic. I could not get them to malfunction without extreme effort. I grip every pistol like I'm trying to strangle it. I will still likely buy one.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Over on the Gen Pop Sig forum I'm on, we recently had a report of a Kaboom by a P365 user. Case ruptured at the base/lower and blew the mag out. He was uninjured.

After a bit of discussion, he ended up concluding it was most likely due to using a reloaded cartridge out of an old box of random ammo he had that may or may have been double loaded. As far as I can tell, the only damage to the pistol was a blown out mag base, which he's replacing. Grip frame, fcu and upper are ok, apparently.

That's about it for drama associated with the P365 I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Another consideration: aftermarket support for the P365 .380 is good.

Aftermarket support for the S&W EZ guns seems to be decent but not great.

How much aftermarket support exists for the downsized Browning .380 1911? Sights? I checked 6 different manufacturers' websites without success. Holsters? Privateer leather makes some for this gun, including some of their "Bilge Rat" holsters, but my favorite Kydex IWB holster maker does not accommodate this gun.

I really like the idea of an 85% size 1911 .380, but I question whether the idea has taken off.

Support is more limited. High Noon Holsters does make holsters for both the railed and non-railed versions.

https://highnoonholsters.com/
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List