Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone use a rubber hammer on the P365 to see if that would kill the trigger?

Did anyone use a rubber hammer on the P365 to see if that would kill the trigger?

I'm into my annual quest to investigate a P365 or a P365-380, but I can't find anything about the trigger dying by drop or rubber hammer. If there were such an investigation - link, please?

Well, a couple of years ago, I was trying to separate some old furniture joints with a rubber hammer, hit my thumb, and came very close to using my P365 on the hammer - - - if going in that direction counts.

I have a couple of P365s from when they first came on the market. Have a bunch of rounds through them (no idea count) and haven't had any problems.

I have read of enough reliability issues with the .380 365 model to be concerned about reliability with it. Between my wife and I, we have at least a dozen 365 family pistols, and have not experienced any reliability or durability issues. The combination of a 365 and 365 TacOps Macro is a 99 percent solution for most (non gamer) users.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have read of enough reliability issues with the .380 365 model to be concerned about reliability with it. Between my wife and I, we have at least a dozen 365 family pistols, and have not experienced any reliability or durability issues. The combination of a 365 and 365 TacOps Macro is a 99 percent solution for most (non gamer) users.
    Thanks. I read the LuckyGunner piece and thought using the Hydro Shock Deep might get the slide moving faster, but I imagine other folks have tried that and still have some trouble?

My SO isn't recoil-sensitive, but she's unable to to rack most slides, even with proper technique. We're also considering the Shield EZ, but I thought to try for the P365 first.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Thanks. I read the LuckyGunner piece and thought using the Hydro Shock Deep might get the slide moving faster, but I imagine other folks have tried that and still have some trouble?

My SO isn't recoil-sensitive, but she's unable to to rack most slides, even with proper technique. We're also considering the Shield EZ, but I thought to try for the P365 first.
    I've found the FN Reflex to be unhindered from the EZ's major shortcomings, and copies the design philosophy.

The shield ezs I played around with had lots of reliability issues

Sometimes a longer slide like a G17 is easier due to full grip

My friend got his wife a 357 LCR (heavier than 38) and she carries WC’s. (About the same size and weight as P365) She had the same racking issue with a semi.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What are the problems with the .380s?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    What are the problems with the .380s?
    Malfunctions
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I've found the FN Reflex to be unhindered from the EZ's major shortcomings, and copies the design philosophy.
    What issues did you see with the EZ Shield?

User Tag List