Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol range bag for outdoor range

Pistol range bag for outdoor range

I am looking for a range bag for my pistol magazines, timer, accessories, etc.

A decent sized gym bag comes to mind for size preference but I don't know what I don't know.

Thanks everyone. It's been over a decade since I pushed a deployment bag into that role and it needs to retire.

Shooters Connection bags are the best I’ve found. I have both sizes the Competition (pretty big) and the small one (I now have 3 of these). The quality is outstanding.

Site Supporter
    The Midway bags certainly exceed the intersection of quality/value/feature set.

My circa 2003 bag was made in China. Unknown country of origin today/bag to bag.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Options/page2

Alternatively, vintage made in the USA duffel/gear bags are often sub 10.00 at any given thrift store.
    Admittedly, many of those do not have the built in organization.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 02-28-2024 at 08:34 PM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

This is one time when bigger is not better. You will try to fill up all the unused space and it gets too heavy and unwieldy.

Camera bags make great range bags. And camera "people", never satisfied that they have the "right" one, keep looking - - - think of it as the search for the "right" holster. If you're fortunate enough to have an established shop nearby, they frequently have a back corner with trade in bags stacked up, and for sale at a fraction of a new one's price. Padded, pockets, dividers, from tiny to suitcase size.

Site Supporter
    BN is dropping some tactical platinum right there!!!
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Whatever you choose make sure it doesn't ever pull double duty as an air travel bag.

I'm a big fan of Vertx.

I like backpacks for range bags, but find that anything sold as a "range bag," is overpriced.

I'm using an old Ogio brand laptop bag I got free from a friend. I like that it has a silver lining, making it easy to see/find all the dark stuff in the bag. However, if I was going to replace it I would go with a "fishing backpack," or a "camera bag."

Something like this for $65:
    https://www.amazon.com/Piscifun-Back..._dp&th=1&psc=1

That's actually pretty similar to a GPS Tactical range backpack, but the GPS bag costs $155.

Since you said its for outdoor use, if rain and mud are big concern, you might want something more waterproof. While not a backoack, I've also considered using a boat bag. Something like this:
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...reme-boat-bags
    Last edited by DMF13; 02-28-2024 at 11:08 PM.

I'm a big fan of using tool bags as range bags. They're made strong enough to hold some weight and the better bags have plenty of pockets to segregate things like timers and loaders, etc. This is similar to the Harbor Freight bag I use, but has interior pockets mine doesn't have, plus can be carried with a strap: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-15...5-TH/312387454

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Whatever you choose make sure it doesn't ever pull double duty as an air travel bag.

I'm a big fan of Vertx.
    That’s why I like the small Shooters Connection bag so much. It slides right under the seat in-front of you even in economy seating so it works as my “personal item” and my carry on can go in the overhead. Super convenient when heading to out of town matches.

User Tag List