Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol range bag for outdoor range

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I am looking for a range bag for my pistol magazines, timer, accessories, etc.

A decent sized gym bag comes to mind for size preference but I don't know what I don't know.

Thanks everyone. It's been over a decade since I pushed a deployment bag into that role and it needs to retire.
    Vertx has 29% off of everything today.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Blackhawk makes a durable, reasonably sized, heavy nylon bag—the Sportster is large enough to carry several boxes of ammo, a table top tripod, rags, a lubricant bottle, rags, small tools, stapler, and plenty of hearing protection without becoming too terribly heavy if fully loaded.

Retail pricing typically sits at $50 - $55, but with a little shopping around it can be found for just $40 which makes it a pretty decent deal.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    That’s why I like the small Shooters Connection bag so much. It slides right under the seat in-front of you even in economy seating so it works as my “personal item” and my carry on can go in the overhead. Super convenient when heading to out of town matches.

Lol. I think you need to reread that..
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I have a Dillon Precision range bag (blue) that I have had since the early nineties. It traveled quite a bit to matches back in the day and has seen heavy use and heavy load outs. Still in use today and is good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Vertx has 29% off of everything today.
    I used this to grab the COF heavy range bag. Very cool design, still pricey with the discount but 100x better than what I have been using.

I wish I-Shot was still in business. They made the best range bags. I have several.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Lol. I think you need to reread that..
    Hmmm…nope. It was the main reason I now have 3 of them. Super convenient to lash it to the handle of my rolling carryon bag. Rolls right down the aisle, detach and the range bag goes neatly under the seat infront of me. Checking luggage is a drag. Holds everything I need for a major match or multi day class.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Hmmm…nope. It was the main reason I now have 3 of them. Super convenient to lash it to the handle of my rolling carryon bag. Rolls right down the aisle, detach and the range bag goes neatly under the seat infront of me. Checking luggage is a drag. Holds everything I need for a major match or multi day class.
    I guess the important part of my copied reply was omitted. My bad. I guess the part I was REALLY commenting on was the “...make sure it doesn’t pull double duty” part. As someone who’s been sniffed up more than a few times at airports by a working pooch who thinks he’s hit the jackpot...it’s REALLY good advice. Even an errant empty shell casing has the potential to ruin your day. I traveled the other day for the first time since retirement and I prolly checked my bags (literally) a half dozen times before I walked out the door. No longer having a get-out-of-jail card is a real pisser. All that blather aside, finding the bag that satisfies even 75% of your requirements is travel Valhalla. Cheers!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Ahhh…I guess that is a concern if you can’t fly armed. 😎

I like the backpack style. I have the GPS one. One of my coworkers bought one of the tan ~$80 ones. Mine and some other have rain covers. If I get another one, it will be with the removable pistol cases.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=range+bac...f=nb_sb_noss_1
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List