Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sage Dynamics 320 trigger fix?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCGILLA G View Post
    Mine were manufactured a couple of years after the drop test problems, I wasn’t an early adopter and now that you mentioned it I never thought of the weakened casings, after I unload and reload four or five times that chambered round goes into a range ammo jar. This is a great point!
    I think you misconstrued what @WobblyPossum meant when he referenced reloaded cases. I tend to agree with the consensus that the 'Signade' phenomenon is related to reloaded (as in fired/resized/new powder and bullet on a reloading press) ammo, where the case wall has been thinned out, and slightly less case support in the 320 barrel design than in other pistols.

Repeatedly reloading a chambered round into a gun will not thin out the case wall, but can result in bullet setback, which is a different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGILLA G View Post
    Mine were manufactured a couple of years after the drop test problems, I wasn’t an early adopter and now that you mentioned it I never thought of the weakened casings, after I unload and reload four or five times that chambered round goes into a range ammo jar. This is a great point!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I think you misconstrued what @WobblyPossum meant when he referenced reloaded cases. I tend to agree with the consensus that the 'Signade' phenomenon is related to reloaded (as in fired/resized/new powder and bullet on a reloading press) ammo, where the case wall has been thinned out, and slightly less case support in the 320 barrel design than in other pistols.

Repeatedly reloading a chambered round into a gun will not thin out the case wall, but can result in bullet setback, which is a different issue.
    Yes, thank you AMC. That’s what I meant. Apologies for missing your post MCGILLA G and not replying before. Like AMC said, the cycle of firing a round and then reloading the casing and firing it again, after several iterations will generally weaken the casing. I wasn’t referring to repeatedly chambering and unchambering the same unfired round, although your practice of only doing that no more than four times is a good practice in my opinion. I do the same thing in that once a round has been chambered four times, it’s going into a can of practice ammo.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thanks for clarifying, I did mis read that. I was thinking of setback.

User Tag List