Thread: M and P slide jump dry firing

M and P slide jump dry firing

Just picked up a new m and p 2.0 4 inch barrel , had the apex duty enhancement trigger installed, which is a huge improvement. When i first got the gun,during dry fire i would notice the front sight moving after each press. I attributed this to the horrible over travel.After getting the apex trigger installed i mounted a holoson 407c and the dot now would jump clearly. I now see it's the slide moving forward upon trigger press.I know other striker fired guns do this but not to this extent. I haven't shot it yet but i can't imagine that movement will not effect follow through and accuracy. Ant insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Site Supporter
    Every M&P I've owned has done the same thing, it's fairly annoying but didn't seem to be a problem with live fire, they'd still do 3-4" at 25y freehand.

Site Supporter
    For what it's worth, you don't need to reset the striker for every trigger press in dry fire ;-)

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...t-in-dry-fire/

You might try a mag inserted, and a snap cap, if it bugs you. I wouldn't bother, personally. Good on you that you noticed it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...t-in-dry-fire/

You might try a mag inserted, and a snap cap, if it bugs you. I wouldn't bother, personally. Good on you that you noticed it.
    thank you for the link,i can tell you for sure mine moves far more than a thou.

Site Supporter
    I've seen it happen quite often with M&P's

It stopped when I installed an Apex barrel.

My five inch 2.0 with a Randy Lee fit gunsmith barrel and FSS trigger does it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Mine is a “1.0” model and it does the same thing, before and after an Apex trigger.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It's normal. Every M&P doesn't do it, but a lot do. My guns do it now and then even with an Apex barrel fitted. Doesn't seem to hinder accuracy during live fire.
    3/15/2016

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Every M&P I've owned has done the same thing, it's fairly annoying but didn't seem to be a problem with live fire, they'd still do 3-4" at 25y freehand.
    Add to this M17s, Kahr 9s, and even Browning HiPowers. I agree it is annoying, and doesn’t give one faith in the pistols quality, but I’ve never found it to matter in terms of practical accuracy.

User Tag List