Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossy 590 Professional

Site Supporter

Mossy 590 Professional

Anybody catch any more wind off of this? There's enough going on here to interest me on the pump side of the house.

So on the 590 do you loose the rear sight completely when you add an optic? No co-witness?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    So on the 590 do you loose the rear sight completely when you add an optic? No co-witness?
    What they are doing is offering a cover with a sight on it, so if you mount there you would. But seems you would still have the opportunity to screw a mount down in front of that, though the peep is nice and low so probably needs to be higher.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    There seems to be an aversion to developing a barrel that has an optic sight mounting solution (as opposed to the receiver). The relatively few shotgun setups I have tried with a red dot on the barrel seemed like naturals for me, and only an intense natural indifference combined with a tight cash flow have kept me from running down a sound but used 870 barrel and doing a sort of "M'Bogo Plus" project on it that added a spot for an optics plate.

Am I just the lone kook and/or congenitally stupid for wondering why the PTB aren't developing barrel-centric optic solutions (other than the old Remmy cantilever one)?
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    There seems to be an aversion to developing a barrel that has an optic sight mounting solution (as opposed to the receiver).
    There’s the Aimpoint S1 for a vent rib.

There’s a lot to like here. I’ve had a 590A1 since way back. I’d be all for another one with the new upgrades . . . but there’s no bayonet lug.

I want a bayo lug … just because.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    There’s the Aimpoint S1 for a vent rib.
    One of those setups is what ultimately convinced me that a barrel-mounted RDO is the way to go on a shotgun. I think three other people in the US might agree with me on a good day.

As for the Mossberg 590 Professional, the little extra touches will probably appeal to anyone who would contemplate a Mossy for SD/HD. And that's all I've got to say about that.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

My last issued shotgun was a 590. It was such a raving piece of shite that it soured me on the brand forever.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I just don't understand why most companies that make shotguns are so adverse to ghost rings that cowitness with irons.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    My last issued....
    That sort of sums up the experience with every issued small arm I got out of the armory.

Interestingly enough, every personally owned/maintained of the same equivalent have been stellar.

User Tag List