Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aging eye issues--post lasik, focus, and astigmatism...

Been debating Lasik too. Always needed glases for driving but started wearing them regularly since 2017ish. I feel that wearing them all the time has made my eyesight worse overall, being talked into progressive lenses didnt help and astigmatism on top of that. IDK....just want to see normal without having to take then on/off all the time and occasional unnatural positioning to see clearly

I got LASIK. I still do BJJ. Not going to tell anyone their experience is invalid but the guy who did my LASIK has done it on professional boxers and they were fine. I think I’ll be okay.

It’s been a few years now and so far so good. I wish I would have gotten it done years earlier.

well Lenscrafters called yesterday to tell me there was some issue with my insurance (I think the issue was me lol) so I canceled.

Now it has me thinking I might try that other doctor that sells the fancy lenses. They have an office literally right in my neighborhood (which, in my faux-rural area, is super rare and maybe even fortuitous).

Going to call them and verify that they sell the lenses and that they can take my insurance etc.

Side note, IDK why more places don't have online scheduling. Half the reason I keep going to Lenscrafters in the mall of all places is that I can just set up the appointment from my shitter at 10pm when I finally remember without having to talk to another human.

This smaller local doc from the fancy lens site has a "request appointment" page but I've been down that road before. You type in all your shit and then they call you to discuss anyway. If I wanted to talk to you on the phone, I'd have called to begin with!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A definite advantage of a red dot is you don't need to be able to see the dot or the target perfectly to make good hits on target. If you are seeing the dot clearly, it might be that you are focusing on the dot and not your target.
    Good insight. I was def target focused--I meant the dot seemed "sharp" because that eye (left) has less astigmatism. My right/dom eye tends to starburst or double dot depending on the dot brightness or brand of optic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I got LASIK. I still do BJJ. Not going to tell anyone their experience is invalid but the guy who did my LASIK has done it on professional boxers and they were fine. I think I’ll be okay.

It’s been a few years now and so far so good. I wish I would have gotten it done years earlier.
    Had lasics 24 years ago.need contacts now.

No issues with bjj and boxing.

Had a branch hit me in the eye post lasics too. Hurt but no other issues

Dry eyes are a thing

User Tag List