Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: G45s w/ factory milled Acros are hitting the streets!

I picked mine up today. I’m leaving this one mostly stock, only adding a SCD and extended slide stop (damn right thumb) to the pistol and TD’s battery cap, clamp and front window guard to the ACRO.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I picked mine up today. I’m leaving this one mostly stock, only adding a SCD and extended slide stop (damn right thumb) to the pistol and TD’s battery cap, clamp and front window guard to the ACRO.
    Any update on how you are getting along with the factory milled G45 and Acro?

I keep debating on trying red dots again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    Any update on how you are getting along with the factory milled G45 and Acro?

I keep debating on trying red dots again.
    I haven’t even had time to cut down a grip adapter for it let alone take it to the range. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

I do like how low it mounts compared to my MOS 19 with ACRO.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I am at 500 rounds on mine. No complaints.

This is my first experience with an acro. It’s as good a dot as a trijicon: better glass than an RMR though glass clarity/bluish tint never held me back on an RMR; love the +/- buttons; the mount is obviously stronger; and it carries the same as any other dot (does not print more/less).

It’s a great total package.

I got mine sighted in today. The irons hit POA/POI out of the box but the ACRO was high. First experience with an ACRO and I like it a lot so far. This is my 3rd Gen5 Glock and it has the best trigger I've felt on any Glock to date (I've owned close to 20 different Glocks over the years). It has a smooth rolling break from start to finish. I'm very, very happy with it.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

I have one in the cart right now ready to order. I think I’m going to retire my GEN 3 17 with an RMR and buy this.
    **OK**

Has anyone checked to see if these fit in a Safariland 6300 series holster with the Cheeto guard? I'm wondering if having the ACRO sitting lower on the slide will allow the guard to snap closed. If someone is able to check and report back I'd appreciate it.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by 3-7-77 View Post
    Has anyone checked to see if these fit in a Safariland 6300 series holster with the Cheeto guard? I'm wondering if having the ACRO sitting lower on the slide will allow the guard to snap closed. If someone is able to check and report back I'd appreciate it.
    Glock 45 MOS-7 with Acro P-2, Agency Arms Sage Dynamics barrel/compensator, and X300U in a 6354RDS for Glock 17: Almost. Not quite.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

It’s pretty close on my G45 & 47 to be able to close. Being direct milled rather than using plates like mine it may fully close. I just took mine off and don’t worry about it.

I tried two 6360RDS, which in all fairness to Safariland isn’t listed to fit an Acro. They list the Vortex Venom, Viper, RMR, Doctor, Holosun 407/507/509 and Burris Fastfire on the label.

Glock 45 with direct-mount Acro P2, Surefire X300U-A, **and Tango Down Lens Guard installed, which adds a few millimeters to the length of the sight, if it makes a difference**

In a Glock 19 holster, no, but just barely no. In a Glock 47 holster, yes. But then of course you’re not getting the support offered by the barrel pin.

I just emailed Safariland to see if there will be a future option, as is the case with the 7TS series. Does anyone know of aftermarket covers being offered? I personally am fine with just removing the cover but I’d like an answer for the troops, because I know someone will ask as we’re transitioning to the G47/P2/X300 combo this spring.

User Tag List