Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old Cars

Site Supporter
    My brother got a '79 Trans AM with a 403(maybe?) big block and t-tops. No bird on the hood as the car had been repainted and the decal cost as much as the car. His second was a retired 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 SC State Trooper car. 2 door notch back. We had the 90 and the 92 simultaneously.

Mine had an SVT Cobra intake, larger mass air and throttle bodies, 3.55 rear gears, etc. His had all the decals from my go fast parts.

I wish I'd have kept either of the Mustangs as I didn't get terribly much for either (more for the '65) but both would be worth much more today. I'd guess, prob $60-70k for the '65 and probably $30k for the Fox body in the shape I sold it in.

I'd love either today, but would have a 5.0 Coyote dropped in it.

My first car was a used 1970 Mustang fastback, with a 302 and 3 on the floor. Had factory sway bars, and both passenger side floor pans were rusted through. Avocado green with a black stripe.

My dad and I (he was doing a little vicarious living) tore the motor down to the block. Valves were crystalized, and we half filled a batter box with sludge from the lifter valley. Wen back with 289 high-compression heads, Edelbrock dual port off-road manifold, 600 cfm Holley 4-barrel, headers, dual Glasspacks and dual pipes. Clutch slipped in 3rd if you got on it, which my dad never fixed because he was afraid I might race it. Installed a pseudo-California kit which actually key-locked the hood.

I was tooling along at the leisurely 45 MPH speed limit when it threw a rod through a cylinder wall. Wish we'd have sleeved it instead of selling it. (The holes in the floorpans were covered with plywood under the carpets)
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Name:  804C93DB-0DA2-4C93-A5DF-C741DB34EABC.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  67.5 KB
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Attachment 115307

My dad bought this 38 Ford in the sixties and restored it, twice. I drove it to school once or twice in the early 80s. It sat in the back of the barn for years. He sold it a couple years ago, he told my daughter he didn’t have it in him to get it going again (he’s 82 now).
    36 Ford was my fav body style in HS. 36-40 was awesome, especially Ford. I had a 38 Old's coupe but it just wasn't that cool.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I wish I'd have kept either of the Mustangs as I didn't get terribly much for either (more for the '65) but both would be worth much more today. I'd guess, prob $60-70k for the '65 and probably $30k for the Fox body in the shape I sold it in.
    I have a 91 GT Convertible, all original (except top and radio) immaculate interior, 49,000 miles. An suggestions where I can come up with an idea of what it will bring/what to ask?

I've owned it for 20 years and it has pretty much just sat except for three or four cruises a year with the top down.

I need the space and cash for other things I use more often.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I have a 91 GT Convertible, all original (except top and radio) immaculate interior, 49,000 miles. An suggestions where I can come up with an idea of what it will bring/what to ask?

I've owned it for 20 years and it has pretty much just sat except for three or four cruises a year with the top down.

I need the space and cash for other things I use more often.
    Looks like About 10K.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1FACP44E5MF168778

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I've turned down more. Body is much better than the one pictured - no damage, paint is original and good to excellent. It also has the GT bodywork.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
    Name:  804C93DB-0DA2-4C93-A5DF-C741DB34EABC.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  67.5 KB
    You never know. If it is gas powered, in 60 years, someone might get excited over that.

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I've turned down more. Body is much better than the one pictured - no damage, paint is original and good to excellent. It also has the GT bodywork.
    I didn't look at the pic that close. Yeah, looks like it has some body damage. My neighbor has a HT in his shop that he's rebuilt. Mostly new everything except body and interior. Not sure about the year but same body style.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I didn't look at the pic that close. Yeah, looks like it has some body damage. My neighbor has a HT in his shop that he's rebuilt. Mostly new everything except body and interior. Not sure about the year but same body style.
    The convertibles are the best looking fox bodies IMO, didn't care for the hardtops or fast/hatchbacks at all.

My wife had an '89 HB just after college, she loved it, but, by the time we got married it was in pretty sad shape engine and tranny wise. She got rid of it right after we got married. She has the 'my first new car' soft spot for them.

User Tag List