Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am also aware of serious military dudes that carry a J frame in .22 or .22 magnum in the US.

I think Givens got it right with his one, two, three bad guy gun idea. I watch people reload single stack 1911 pistols on the clock all the time, and besides the time of a reload, there is a more than trivial chance of something going to crap, especially at slide lock.

I would never tell someone else what to carry, but with the great choices available that hold double digits, I am not handicapping myself, even if the odds say you don't need the capacity. I keep trying to warm up to a small 2011 for EDC, but can't get there, even after shooting a 2011 Open gun. The C, though, has my attention.
    What are you carrying these days? Still the 19 or has the Macro won you over? Im of the belief the 12 rnd Macro is danger close to perfect for a carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    What are you carrying these days? Still the 19 or has the Macro won you over? Im of the belief the 12 rnd Macro is danger close to perfect for a carry gun.
    I still love the 19, but have been carrying a Macro full time as I am competing with a 320 based LO gun, and the Sigs feel very similar in how they point. My wife is ten round 365 or Macro which makes thing easy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    If the 12 round Macro was a Glock trigger system with an SCD, I'd call it absolutely perfect.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    If the 12 round Macro was a Glock trigger system with an SCD, I'd call it absolutely perfect.
    I could get down with that. I’m a 1911 guy so the Macro with a thumb safety keeps everything the same manual of arms for me. I think the only gun that I have that’s not is a single P229. If I hadn’t started on SIGs and 1911s, I could have been a Glock only guy. Just a law of primacy thing, though…

Site Supporter
    I could get down with that. I’m a 1911 guy so the Macro with a thumb safety keeps everything the same manual of arms for me. I think the only gun that I have that’s not is a single P229. If I hadn’t started on SIGs and 1911s, I could have been a Glock only guy. Just a law of primacy thing, though…
    If I tried one, it would have a thumb safety, but they haven't worked well for me in the past. For some reason I have very poor range of motion in the base of my right thumb.

Being in a ban state I see the allure of the original c. If it were optic ready it’d be a plus. Would be nice to have 2 more rounds in those mags.

Idk what else you’d find that is at the $1500 9mm 1911 price point that’d be as good all around.
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As things stand right now there won’t be a new P with this grip frame.

There will be a C with a longer (and higher capacity) grip and magazine.
    Though compared with the original P, it really isn't that far off (4" vs 4.15" barrel). The aluminum frame C will certainly be lighter than the P. But the C with the longer grip will actually squeeze one more round in the magazine.

I had been thinking about picking up a C2, but may well wait for the new C to release. I handled a CS recently and was surprised that I could get a full grip on the gun - more G19 than G26 as it were.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Though compared with the original P, it really isn't that far off (4" vs 4.15" barrel). The aluminum frame C will certainly be lighter than the P. But the C with the longer grip will actually squeeze one more round in the magazine.

I had been thinking about picking up a C2, but may well wait for the new C to release. I handled a CS recently and was surprised that I could get a full grip on the gun - more G19 than G26 as it were.
    I’m actually the opposite, having shot a CS, I want to pick up a C2 before they get discontinued, but that’s based on hand size.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m actually the opposite, having shot a CS, I want to pick up a C2 before they get discontinued, but that’s based on hand size.
    The C2 may well still suck me in - I'm pretty invested in 2011 magazines at this point.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I’m interested to try the new C. I hope it shoots more like a C2 than a CS. I find the CS to be much snappier than the C2. I shoot an aluminum frame C2 and a steel P back to back, and don’t see a huge difference. Slight edge to the P of course. I find a much bigger gap in shooting speed and recoil between the C2 and CS.

User Tag List