Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    I played with a c2 at a local gun shop yesterday. It’s very nice.

I just set up and vetted a 365 axg legion within the last 30 days. So I had the same thought… what will this do for me that my new 365 won’t?
    2011 trigger, full size optic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and we were discussing staccato. It seems like the people who have them seem to like them, the people who don't seem to not get the point ( which there may not be one) or belive they are overrated

Different strokes and all that

I have seen reports of people who put their C2 slide on a CS frame, creating their own "C-ish". They say they have run snap caps and typical dryfire drills with success, to include slide cycling. However, no one seems (rightfully so) confident in actually firing them with the slide swapped. Are the internals so different because of the different magazine well/frame and feed ramp, etc. that it would cause issues?

I'm a 2011 newb so I'm curious what members with more experience with the platforms and owners may know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    2011 trigger, full size optic.
    Why do you hate my wallet? This is exactly right.

So, the CS is a short slide on a longer grip, the C is a 4" slide on a shorter grip? Que? But, it looks like the same magazine from the CS, just with a thick bumper pad on it, so, overall height with mag inserted should be the same?

I do like the look of this model, but I don't have the money to even consider a pistol this expensive as a carry gun.

When the new P comes out with this reduced grip frame, I might be tempted to buy it as a range toy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    So, the CS is a short slide on a longer grip, the C is a 4" slide on a shorter grip? Que? But, it looks like the same magazine from the CS, just with a thick bumper pad on it, so, overall height with mag inserted should be the same?

I do like the look of this model, but I don't have the money to even consider a pistol this expensive as a carry gun.

When the new P comes out with this reduced grip frame, I might be tempted to buy it as a range toy.
    As things stand right now there won’t be a new P with this grip frame.

There will be a C with a longer (and higher capacity) grip and magazine. The vibe is more P365 MACRO than true duty gun.

Biased, as I’m in a restricted state; but I wish Staccato would bring back a single-stack. (The original C was a single stack, right?)
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Biased, as I’m in a restricted state; but I wish Staccato would bring back a single-stack. (The original C was a single stack, right?)
    Same here. A few years ago I trained with a Tier One trainer who has a nationwide reputation with a great resume who carried the C. He referred to those of us who carried G19 or something similar as "those of you that carry guns with a bazillion rounds". He carried the C and an extra mag. Ever since then I've wanted a C

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Same here. A few years ago I trained with a Tier One trainer who has a nationwide reputation with a great resume who carried the C. He referred to those of us who carried G19 or something similar as "those of you that carry guns with a bazillion rounds". He carried the C and an extra mag. Ever since then I've wanted a C
    Quite a few squared away people who think a lot of people put too much into the biggest possible magazine. I don't think it's a bad thing but it doesn't compensate for lack of gun fighting skills (not just shooting skills, those are different).

13 vs 15 rounds, meh. 8 vs 15? Rather have 15 but it probably won't be the reason someone loses an average gun fight in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I am also aware of serious military dudes that carry a J frame in .22 or .22 magnum in the US.

I think Givens got it right with his one, two, three bad guy gun idea. I watch people reload single stack 1911 pistols on the clock all the time, and besides the time of a reload, there is a more than trivial chance of something going to crap, especially at slide lock.

I would never tell someone else what to carry, but with the great choices available that hold double digits, I am not handicapping myself, even if the odds say you don't need the capacity. I keep trying to warm up to a small 2011 for EDC, but can't get there, even after shooting a 2011 Open gun. The C, though, has my attention.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List