Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C

Staccato C

I know there is a separate thread for staccatos but I thought this one is cool enough to have its own thread. Staccato is an American based company that makes their pistols in house using all sourced in American materials and hires veterans at a level that makes their staff, from what I heard, around 70% veterans. With that said, none of their pistols had really caught my eye or peaked my interest, until this pistol.

Uses the new generation of magazine, which is actually based on 9mm. Will come in a compact from for the 16 round mags (g19 sized) or the 18 round magazine size (think g45) and has a 4inch barrel. Comes with their well vetted and trusted red dot mounting system.

https://staccato2011.com/staccato-c

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Thoughts?

Easily the one in the lineup that makes the most sense for me, but with a P and a bunch of mags in a place where getting new mags aint easy, I can't see myself choosing this unless I trip facefirst into a significant amount of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    Easily the one in the lineup that makes the most sense for me, but with a P and a bunch of mags in a place where getting new mags aint easy, I can't see myself choosing this unless I trip facefirst into a significant amount of cash.
    Price of the gun and magazines is not an easy thing to rationalize for me. Especially when you have a system in place like you do

Comes with their well vetted and trusted red dot mounting system.
    I'm a fan of the company and have had great experience with my Staccato P DPO, but I'd still say, "Comes with their constantly revised and incrementally improving red dot mounting system". STI/Staccato has gone from HOST to DUO to DPO to (now) DPO-ECO (Extreme Co-Witness Optic). And even within the DPO family there has been a great deal of rolling changes. Just try to figure out which plate you have...

Now that said, here's the latest version, which I think is a great improvement over the earlier versions, adding the third screw through the rear sight for the RMR/SRO. One of these came with my latest Staccato and I'm not sure how they could improve it further. They deleted the lightening cut and the bosses are now fixed instead of removable. I'm not aware of anyone else using the BUIS to add a third mounting screw, which is quite large and robust compared to the other plate mounting screws.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm a fan of the company and have had great experience with my Staccato P DPO, but I'd still say, "Comes with their constantly revised and incrementally improving red dot mounting system". STI/Staccato has gone from HOST to DUO to DPO to (now) DPO-ECO (Extreme Co-Witness Optic). And even within the DPO family there has been a great deal of rolling changes. Just try to figure out which plate you have...

Now that said, here's the latest version, which I think is a great improvement over the earlier versions, adding the third screw through the rear sight for the RMR/SRO. One of these came with my latest Staccato and I'm not sure how they could improve it further. They deleted the lightening cut and the bosses are now fixed instead of removable. I'm not aware of anyone else using the BUIS to add a third mounting screw, which is quite large and robust compared to the other plate mounting screws.
    great info, thank you!

great info, thank you!
    The good news is that the C will come with the latest and most mature evolution of this development cycle.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Thoughts?
    What does this give me / do for me that a Wilson EDC X9 does not? Or even a Kimber KDS9c ?

For that matter, what am I gaining over my existing 4" bull barreled Springfield Champion, with 3-4 spare 9-round mags? (besides a rail and optics-mounting)
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    What does this give me / do for me that a Wilson EDC X9 does not? Or even a Kimber KDS9c ?

For that matter, what am I gaining over my existing 4" bull barreled Springfield Champion, with 3-4 spare 9-round mags? (besides a rail and optics-mounting)
    1. Shiny new toy, for the “yearly rotation” types (the market needs consumers!)
    2. Flexing on the poors
    3. Faster splits (maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post

Nothing. Arguably a "better" recoil impulse due to the plastic frame versus the metal frame on the Wilson product. That is going to be highly subjective though.

Aren't both pistols in the same ballpark price wise?

I finally got a chance to handle a CS and damn, it's an impressive little gun with a really nice feel in the hand. Despite being able to afford it, I'm not sure I can justify spending that much money on a carry gun. My wife legitimately asked me why I would want a Staccato for a carry gun (she has an XC)? I asked her if she thought "cheating" to win in a self defense scenario has a price point attached to it? She just smiled at me and said "get it if you want it, you can't put a price on that".

Pretty cool gun, pretty cool chick.

I played with a c2 at a local gun shop yesterday. It’s very nice.

I just set up and vetted a 365 axg legion within the last 30 days. So I had the same thought… what will this do for me that my new 365 won’t?

User Tag List