Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The C2 may well still suck me in - I'm pretty invested in 2011 magazines at this point.
    If you already have a stock of standard 2011 mags, the new C won’t do anything the C2 can’t. I’m fully invested in “standard” 2011 mags and pouches. The CS and new C “short” (CS) grip aren’t short enough for me. There’s barely a quarter inch of difference in grip length. The CS really doesn’t conceal much easier than a C2. I wish the CS grip was a good bit shorter with a 12/13 round mag. That would conceal much better.

I was considering looking for the discontinued Staccato C single stack last year but shied away because it really didn’t do anything more than my 9mm Officer’s. This new C or a CS may be enough to reel me in.

If I have this right, the CS and new C share grip and magazine sizes? I’ve seen conflicting comments about this even in this thread, but the Stacatto website makes it pretty clear they are the same.

I think I need to handle a CS because when I handled a Staccato C2 last year the grip shape and size was all wrong for me. I kind of hope the CS (and new C) is the same way for financial reasons.

Has anyone heard anything about an ETA for the new C?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I think I speak for everyone when I say Staccato needs to stop recycling old model names and using names that are very similar to each other. This is getting confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I was considering looking for the discontinued Staccato C single stack last year but shied away because it really didn’t do anything more than my 9mm Officer’s. This new C or a CS may be enough to reel me in.

If I have this right, the CS and new C share grip and magazine sizes? I’ve seen conflicting comments about this even in this thread, but the Stacatto website makes it pretty clear they are the same.

I think I need to handle a CS because when I handled a Staccato C2 last year the grip shape and size was all wrong for me. I kind of hope the CS (and new C) is the same way for financial reasons.

Has anyone heard anything about an ETA for the new C?
    I read this summer for the new Staccato C. The C and CS use the new magazine scaled for a 9mm cartridge, although the C has a 4.0 inch barrel and either the CS grip or one using a slightly longer magazine giving a full grip.

Look at the difference in grip size between a P and CS.

Name:  IMG_7336.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  37.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I put a few rounds through the new "C" at their Range Day at what used to be Front Sight.

Sadly it was only five or six rounds. Besides the confusing name, the gun seems nice but obviously 5-6 shots isn't enough to form any opinion.

The magazine looks more in line with a standard 9mm doublestack as found in a Beretta/Walther/CZ/Sig/Canik etc. Form factor is overall friendlier than the 38-super based 4x4 lumber shaped 2011 grip.

I should have taken a better picture
    https://twitter.com/pfitch45/status/1749518826822135955

I just had an interesting conversation with Staccato customer service. They aren’t far from me, and they have a showroom where I can handle at least a CS.

There’s been a lot of conflicting info about the gripframe size and magazine capacity. Some people say (and the dimensions on the Staccato website confirm) it’s the same as the CS; other people say it’s slightly longer and a little more capacity.

As it turns out, per the rep it’s both. The “normal” C will be like the CS but there’s an option for the longer gripframe.

I’m hoping I can see one or both next month when I’m down that way during the week.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just had an interesting conversation with Staccato customer service. They aren’t far from me, and they have a showroom where I can handle at least a CS.

There’s been a lot of conflicting info about the gripframe size and magazine capacity. Some people say (and the dimensions on the Staccato website confirm) it’s the same as the CS; other people say it’s slightly longer and a little more capacity.

As it turns out, per the rep it’s both. The “normal” C will be like the CS but there’s an option for the longer gripframe.

I’m hoping I can see one or both next month when I’m down that way during the week.

CS: [New] C :: Glock 19: Glock 17

It will make the most sense that way.

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    CS: [New] C :: Glock 19: Glock 17

It will make the most sense that way.
    How does the CS actually compare in size to a G19? I remember when the C2 was marketed as a G19-sized gun but it wasn’t even close in size to a G19.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    How does the CS actually compare in size to a G19? I remember when the C2 was marketed as a G19-sized gun but it wasn’t even close in size to a G19.

The CS is smaller.

Not to get all semantically weird, I was just trying to show that the CS and C are similar in that the C is only slightly larger, the way the 17 is slightly larger*

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Name:  IMG_5323.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  43.5 KB
    Ken

User Tag List