Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Amish

Love it, @Hambo

If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have even installed night sights on my Glocks.

No dots on any of my pistols...but I have an Aimpoint H2 on my AR. (I'm "live and let live" as far as what anyone else does.)

Call me a Luddite. I don't think I qualify as Amish.

Geezerhood doesn't begin for at least a few years after whatever age I happen to be presently.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Love it, @Hambo

If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have even installed night sights on my Glocks.

No dots on any of my pistols...but I have an Aimpoint H2 on my AR. (I'm "live and let live" as far as what anyone else does.)

Call me a Luddite. I don't think I qualify as Amish.

Geezerhood doesn't begin for at least a few years after whatever age I happen to be presently.
    Because you're older than I am that number works for me, too.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Which is worse? Click bait video or commenting on click bait video?
    Ya know, that is what I think.
    • Watch This Before You Buy!!!!
    • Watch Till The End!!!
    • You Are Stupid If You Skip This Video!!!
    • Fatal Flaw They ALL Have!!!

I told my mother, if it says Click Here, definitely do not click there, and more and more I am taking my own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I believe that BUIS on carbines are superfluous today, and would mount two optics rather than one + irons.
    I am also thinking this about shotguns, and am in the process of setting up a M-590 with an optic and no sights. There are cool co-witness setups, but they are all going to require a low enough optic to either be open emitter or that expensive one (or a knockoff of the expensive one). OTOH with the Magpul SGA stocks it is quick and easy and cheap (trifecta!!) to get a proper cheek weld with a higher closed emitter optic that just won't co-witness, so why buy the sights.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    (it's not hard, just have a lawyer voir dire you in court to prove you know more about something than the average schmuck on the street)
    Like maybe What would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    What would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?
    Trick question. '55 Chevys that came with a V8 had a 265 and no four-bbl.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Like maybe What would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?
    Ahem. MY 55 Chevy had a 327 with a 4 barrel. Or maybe it was a 350, I don't remember.

If I'm gun Amish do I need to grow the beard?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Who died and made John Correia a handgun expert?

Red dots are better, I just don't want to deal with the extra maintenance.
    I’ve never even heard of this guy . Who is he ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Thing is, round here, the Amish have dots on their pistols, and thermals on their rifles.
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    If I'm gun Amish do I need to grow the beard?
    Well, there are those Ohio Amish to consider...

Is she Amish or Mennonite?

Name:  faceofgunownership.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  28.8 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    I’ve never even heard of this guy . Who is he ?
    He has a youtube channel where he finds vids of shooting and defensive situations from around the world and offers commentary on them.

https://www.youtube.com/@ActiveSelfProtection/videos

Ive watched some of his stuff before, but lately the new hairdo and beard thing just dont work for him in my most humble opinion, and just his voice and...something, seem to annoy me. The recent ones Ive seen I fast forwarded through his monologue and turned down the volume just to watch the events in a video, but its about more than I car to mess with any more. The older ones didnt seem quite as annoying for whatever reason.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Trick question. '55 Chevys that came with a V8 had a 265 and no four-bbl.
    Its a boolshit question.

This just never gets old.

User Tag List