Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Gun Amish

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I bought my P365 without a slide cut for optics precisely because the raison d'ętre of that pistol was to be the gun I conceal when I can't conceal a bigger gun. So an optic is right out.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by RJflyer View Post
    This is a great point I never considered and it will probably be what makes me embrace pistol optics eventually. But for now I'll keep being a fudd with my stock G19 and the same night sights I've been using since I first started carrying a gun
    Don't bother. Unless you want improved accuracy at >25 yards. Are you shooting people at 25 yards? That isn't SD ranges. The last I heard it was 7 yards for SD. RDS is exceptional for 25 yds and combat distances which is <200 yds.

Test. I put a RD on a Mini -14. I went back to a 4x scope because a 3 MOA RD covers 6'' at 200 yds. Although the Mini is only 3 MOA I still like the see the target in detail.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

And this is the easy button, vs a G43longboi
    [/QUOTE]

Beretta 3032 will be the easy button for a lot of people going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    And this is the easy button, vs a G43longboi

[/QUOTE]

Is that a regulation scale size banana or a compact banana?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

I will say, I hadn't noticed/heard that the Kel Tec easy buttons were going away until it was too late and dang was I surprised when I went to look for one on GunBroker.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I will say, I hadn't noticed/heard that the Kel Tec easy buttons were going away until it was too late and dang was I surprised when I went to look for one on GunBroker.
    Wait, the P32 is discontinued? Thought they were just hard to get.

ETA: Name:  Screenshot_20240222_093709_Chrome.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  57.8 KB
    Last edited by Noah; 02-22-2024 at 09:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Wait, the P32 is discontinued? Thought they were just hard to get.
    I had been told both the P32 and P3AT were discontinued, and that is on me for typing before verifying. I just checked and the P32 shows as active and it looks like only the P3AT shows in their discontinued section. My disconnect from a lot of things combined with the prices and availability of them on gunbroker gave credence to that impression. It looks like they're just lower production than availability. Guess I should get one sooner rather than later.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I had been told both the P32 and P3AT were discontinued, but the P32 shows as active and it looks like only the P3AT shows in their discontinued section. My disconnect from a lot of things combined with the prices and availability of them on gunbroker gave credence to that impression. It looks like they're just low production/availability.
    https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/

I do see they've trimmed down their Centerfire pistols to the P32 and P15. Nice that they kept the 32 even when dropping the single stack 380s and 9s.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post

Is that a regulation scale size banana or a compact banana?[/QUOTE]

Hologram banana in Russia.

Site Supporter
    Is that a banana in your pocket, a Beretta or you just glad to see me?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List