Thread: Changed chassis… changed POI?!?!

Changed chassis… changed POI?!?!

I fairly new to bolt guns so maybe you guys can educate me. I have a Bergara B14 HMR in 308. I got it zeroed in with the factory stock and was getting sub MOA groups at 100 yds. I recently decided to switch to a KRG Bravo stock. First time at the range, the setup was still holding tight groups, but there were 4” high and 1” right so I needed to re zero for the new stock?

Is this normal, and if so, what causes this? The factory stock was torqued to 55 in/lbs per factory specs, and the Bravo is torqued to 65.

Totally common and expected to re-zero. Different chassis/stocks have slightly different fits.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

May need to re zero after stock removal and replacement, even if you are using the same stock.

Torquing screws to the same specs may minimize zero shift.

Bedding method will affect this as well.

You may also need to fire a few (or more than a few) shots for everything to settle in.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List