Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MAC 1911-9 DS

https://eleven71design.com/

Eleven71 has a MAC slide inbound. Once he's had a chance to take measurements he'll have optic plates available. Probably three weeks or so before something is available.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Aaron Cowan has one of these. He's working on a 2K review now.

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    STILL WAITING. I have the worst luck.
    Surely you've received the pistol by now?

My MAC is back from customer service. All they did was replace the slide stop. I'd have done that had they just sent me the part.

The old slide stop axle was something like .203 and the gun had a pretty tight lock up. The new stop is .199 or .200 so the lock up isn't as tight as before. I didn't measure the lobe that interacts with the slide but the new one is tall enough that it can't be just pushed out of the gun.

AC has his 2k review up for Patreon subscribers. He likes the gun.

No issues with the mounting plate during the drop tests. No feed or extraction issues and his pistol's controls work well and move freely. He does comment several times on the heavy recoil spring. He has numerous failures to lock open on empty that he attributes to the recoil spring. I had the same issues with my sample.

He's going to continue to shoot it and will probably send it to Joe Chambers to get a gunsmith perspective.

Until then, train accordingly. Whatever that means.....

My two budget 1911 hicap guns.

The Apollo is a little tighter overall than the MAC. The trigger is lighter on the Apollo at just under four pounds but it feels a little spongy. The MAC is crisp and comes in at right about five pounds.

Personally I like the styling of the MAC better but there's something to be said about supporting an American manufacturer. If LFA ditched the slide ports and went with a more traditional set of cocking serrations I'd like the gun much more. And they need to ditch the funky 3D printed grip module. It just has a super cheap feel to it.

Another thing I note is that the LFA won't fit (actually it will but I have to cram it in there) my US Duty Gear rotating hood holster. The MAC fits this holster nicely. Another reason not to be excited about the Apollo slide profile.

Ok. I'll have the gun in hand tomorrow. I ordered it on Feb 21, it was out for delivery Feb 29th... fast forward a BUNCH of silly BS I won't get into.... and it was finally delivered to my FFL yesterday. I tried to pick up today and the shop was closed without reason during scheduled business hours... which is coincidentally why it hasn't been successfully delivered up until yesterday. It's only almost May, but I digress.

After watching the most recent YouTube reviews, I see that I'm on the right track by planning to replace the grip module, trigger and the springs, so I'm hopeful I can get this thing running with minimal drama. We shall see.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

I'm on the right track by planning to replace the grip module...
    I imagine @Texaspoff could texture the factory modular pretty easily.

Ok. I'll have the gun in hand tomorrow...
    Well?

User Tag List