Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sight Pushing Nirvana, At Last!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    So does anyone here have experience using one of these on a 1911?

I assume some removal of material from the new sight will be necessary prior to using the tool.
    Yes. I have used this device to install Novak sights on a Kimber series 1. For these sights, I did have to use a hammer and punch to remove the rear sight and get the new one in the dovetail. Once the new sight was completely in the dovetail, I was able to move it with the pusher until I had it centered on the slide. This pusher can accommodate the front end of 1911 slides.

The only disadvantage to the MGW pusher is that shoes are not available for a small number of less common slides.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Meh. We have one at work. I've used it a few times. I prefer a vise, nylon or aluminum rod, and a hammer.

I have just about all of the sight tools MGW Glock, MGW Pro, rangemaster, wheeler, meprolight, etc. i like using the mgw pro/rangemaster for extra tough sights.
    I am starting to appreciate a file, a hammer, punch, and patience though.
    **OK**

Hi,
    I have banged my share of Sights with a Hammer, and Punch, and even have the other things needed to do that...

A HD Work Bench, and a serious Vise, but...

Would rather go the less violent way if possible!

Name:  ooo.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  91.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    That is a great tool, I use mine on a lot of installs. I was also taught years ago by a few well know local smiths how to install sights by hand. The tools are great for most modern pistols, but I find it therapeutic to hand install some sights.
    How do you do it by hand?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The only disadvantage to the MGW pusher is that shoes are not available for a small number of less common slides.
    years and years ago, I contacted MGW about a shoe for something they didn’t support. They had me mail in my slide which they measured and made a shoe for, then added it to their catalog.I’m not sure if they still donthat, butnit might be worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    So does anyone here have experience using one of these on a 1911?

I assume some removal of material from the new sight will be necessary prior to using the tool.
    They work well. You do still have to fit the sight vs just ramming it in the dovetail. The Sight Pro doesn’t change what you’re doing, just how you do it.

Hi,
    Well, I always liked the shape of the Tru Dot Sights for the XDm, but did not really care for the glow in the dark and did not really want to pay for it.

Finally found some plain sights in that style, Sig Contrast #8, which is suppose to have the same dovetail as the XDm.

We shall see, but I bought my used XDm-45, to play with, so...

Let the Games begin!

Name:  #8r.jpeg
Views: 106
Size:  3.0 KBName:  #8f.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  2.0 KB

Allow me to eat some crow over my last post. I spent about 15 min trying to bang a rear sight out of a Beretta Brigadier slide today. The little bastard wouldn't budge. I finally relented and hit it with heat and used a MGW sight pusher. Got her out.

I prefer a vise and punch, but will admit the MGW has its uses.

User Tag List