Thread: DHS Shooting competition..........?

DHS Shooting competition..........?

Anybody heard of an upcoming DHS Shooting competition? Allegedly in June...

I've been tasked with creating a stage for it, and have been told the we (FLETC guys) aren't allowed to compete.....

El Pres, 50 yards, targets 10m apart.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Shoot the pure Justin Dyal Prep Time @ 10 yards on a 3X3 sticky. 10 shots with 8 to pass; hero or zero scoring.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Not looking for stage ideas.

Asking if anybody has heard of the competition.

Sorry, I haven't heard of it. Where, and when is it, and is it DHS only, or are other agencies invited?
    Quote Originally Posted by konkapot View Post
    . . . we (FLETC guys) aren't allowed to compete. . .
    That seems a bit stupid, since you're part of DHS.

My boss went to a meeting a few months ago. There's going to be a DHS Shooting Team. Stupidly I asked him some questions. What discipline(s), who's going to be on the team, will we get training time, will we get ammo....ya know, stupid questions.

He had no answers at all. None.

Then, the other day, he went to yet another meeting, and has tasked me with creating a stage. "I'll get with you later on the particulars. They have some parameters, and they've picked a certain target."

I confirmed that this was the same thing as before, and that we're still not allowed to compete in it. He confirmed this. He wouldn't give me a POC, but said "I'll share my notes from the meeting with you."

That, literally, is all I know. I would ASSume that because they're calling it a DHS competition, then it would be DHS components only. Supposedly we are hosting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by konkapot View Post
    I would ASSume that because they're calling it a DHS competition, then it would be DHS components only. Supposedly we are hosting it here.
    I'm sure FLETC's non-DHS partner agencies will be thrilled to find out they're indirectly funding the overhead on a shooting competition at FLETC which they can't participate in, all while FLETC can't even meet the minimum course availability requirements for their partner agencies' needs.

DHS.

Thinking of different ways to slam their dick in a door since 2004.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List