Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To G or not to G...help me build a Pizza gun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone!

@Joe in PNG Dude you aren't kidding!

I busted out ye ole credit card and ordered the following tonight:

- The G Conversion Kit (you guys sold me)
    - LTT Trigger Bar
    - Beretta Match Hammer
    - 13 lbs Mainspring
    - Chrome Silicone Trigger Return Spring
    - WC .305 Square Notch Serrated Rear Sight
    - WC .140 Tritium with Orange Outline Front Sight (much fatter than I typically prefer...I can always switch to a skinny Dawson FO later if I need to)

I'll modify the trigger bar for the match hammer and polish the appropriate contact surfaces and these parts should yield a darn good trigger for not too much cash.

I need to call VZ tomorrow and see what the wait time is for a set of their Palm Swell Tactical Slants Gen2 (that's a mouthful) in black. If it's quick, I'll order those. If it's going to be a long time I may just grab a set of LOK grips.

I'm getting excited.
    Re: front sight - Wilson sells a thinner fiber optic front compatible with the Brigadier slide.

PS: another vote for the Lok Veloce grips. The VZ /Wilson stuff is nice but the Lok are nice for shooting.

This is great thread,Last year I bought a LTT 92 compact from LTT and have loved shooting the gun. last year my Local shop had a Beretta full-size version of the LTT Full size, I bought that but the trigger pull and reset were not the same as the real LTT gun. I too ordered the TJIB for the full size. I went with the 13lb spring, I also ordered the Ameri Glo Spartan sights. When I am done the full size LTT and the Compact should basically be identical guns other than the size. My parts from LTT say they will arrive today!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

VZ Palm Swell Tactical Slants Gen2 grips ordered.

Now I just need to wait for everything to get here!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I understand why a DA revolver shooter would want a D model Beretta.

However, friends don’t let friends “Beretta 96.”

I broke three issued Beretta 96D Brigadiers in 4 years all at relatively low round counts (less than 5k rounds).

The 92 is a great design but it’s not durable enough for .40 even with the brigadier slide or the improved recoil spring set up of the 96A1.

If you really want a DAO .40 Beretta get a PX4 D model or a standard PX4 and convert it to DAO.
    I know. They just look cool to me.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    A 92D is what you seek.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Want your compact back? 🙊
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

If I get back into Berettas it will be a 96D
    96s sucked. Parts breakage, not really designed for .40, etc. They're like a 5-8k round gun if you shoot them with duty-type loads. As an aside, when my department finally decided they needed an armorer and sent me to school, we had 12 year old 92Fs with well over 30k rounds through them with no spring changes or maintenance other than cleaning that ran like tops.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    96s sucked. Parts breakage, not really designed for .40, etc. They're like a 5-8k round gun if you shoot them with duty-type loads. As an aside, when my department finally decided they needed an armorer and sent me to school, we had 12 year old 92Fs with well over 30k rounds through them with no spring changes or maintenance other than cleaning that ran like tops.
    That's impressive-you had no trigger return spring breakages? Even with the newer OEM Beretta TRS, that's gotta be a land speed record for TRS longevity...I'm currently using the Wilson Bulletproof chrome silicon one which is supposedly a lifetime part, but I'll see. Previously I liked the Wolff TCU with its coil spring, but it didn't play well with either my Wilson/LTT triggerbar or LTT/VZ grips-I'll have to check my notes.

To date the Wilson TRS has been flawless.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Site Supporter
    If I get back into Berettas it will be a 96D
    *BARF* Why a 96? .40 is AWFUL in the 90 series and they have about half the durability of a 9mm.

I support a D model, but never .40, period.

Even in guns designed for .40, it's a terrible cartridge unless you're running it in a full size 10MM for training cost considerations.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    *BARF* Why a 96? .40 is AWFUL in the 90 series and they have about half the durability of a 9mm.

I support a D model, but never .40, period.

Even in guns designed for .40, it's a terrible cartridge unless you're running it in a full size 10MM for training cost considerations.
    It's an awesome cartridge. 180gr at 1000fps. Just like the 38-40
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List