Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PF SxS/side by side/UTV thread

2 22 caliber dueling posts.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice spread! Mother Nature has called an official end to winter by us I guess. The maple sap is running, the ground is definitely thawing, and the air has that moist “it’s spring” feel. Not much of a winter for plowing tho. I’m glad I didn’t buy the auger as I’d be REALLY pissed about now. Lol. Only “complaint” I have so far is that the overly aggressive tread on the tires makes it feel like I’m driving on a cobblestone street. The the ground is soft, obviously not-so-much but concrete, asphalt or hard gravel shakes my teeth. Maybe look at getting an additional set of rims and less aggressive tires for summer. Only so much M1 supply to go around tho...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Test drove a Polaris and a CanAm, comparable models.

Drove a 21 CanAm Defender Max HD10 home (legally, just stay off of the interstate) today. More quiet, way more luxurious, and more power.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  85.3 KB
    #RESIST

All side by side info. Outfitter I have hunted elk with six years also has a big cattle ranch. They said Polaris doesn't hold up to their level of abuse. For a number of years they used Yamaha and said they were very durable. Last year or two they switched to CanAm and swear by them. 90 year old grand pa there has had a Honda for years. I have a Polaris at our remote cabin but haven't put enough miles on it to say much.

I have a 15 and 25 year old Honda ATV that each have had zero problems.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    All side by side info. Outfitter I have hunted elk with six years also has a big cattle ranch. They said Polaris doesn't hold up to their level of abuse. For a number of years they used Yamaha and said they were very durable. Last year or two they switched to CanAm and swear by them. 90 year old grand pa there has had a Honda for years. I have a Polaris at our remote cabin but haven't put enough miles on it to say much.

I have a 15 and 25 year old Honda ATV that each have had zero problems.
    I’m totally on the lookout for an old Honda ATV, any time. Cash money ready 😁
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a Polaris at our remote cabin but haven't put enough miles on it to say much.
    To be fair, I asked my cousin whom owns 140k acres of working Wyoming cattle ranch which SxS to get and he said “just get a Polaris”.
    #RESIST

Does Can-am still use the two key system?

Mine has a key for reduced power, and one for full power.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Does Can-am still use the two key system?

Mine has a key for reduced power, and one for full power.
    Not on my 2021.
    #RESIST

On my '19, the previous owner described it as a "kid key" for adolescent boys to stay out of trouble, and a "big boy" key, for adults to get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    On my '19, the previous owner described it as a "kid key" for adolescent boys to stay out of trouble
    As a former adolescent boy, I would've taken that as a challenge.

User Tag List