Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Brown EVO CCO9

Ed Brown EVO CCO9

Get thee behind me, temptress.

https://www.edbrown.com/product/evo-cco9-i/

I’ve always wanted a truly high end carry grade 1911, my DW CCOs are quite sufficient but there’s something about a full boat gun like this. I’m a little shocked at the current price - I thought these were about 2k.

What’s a kidney bring these days?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

I’ve always wanted a truly high end carry grade 1911, my DW CCOs are quite sufficient but there’s something about a full boat gun like this. I’m a little shocked at the current price - I thought these were about 2k.

I'll be in my bunk...

If you hawk the 1911 forums (and you aren't in a hurry) you can pick up a new/like new example for $2,000 - $2,300. Should you find one at a great price that just needs a little cosmetic work or some option you desire, Brown offers some great retro services.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I realize I have zero practical need for one of these because I’ve settled quite firmly into LEM for daily carry. But the heart wants what the heart wants.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I realize I have zero practical need for one of these because I’ve settled quite firmly into LEM for daily carry. But the heart wants what the heart wants.
    I agree completely. Many of my handguns are just practical tools and you certainly don't need a high-end 1911 for defensive use. But, some guns just come with an element of pride in ownership attached to them and I get great satisfaction out of scratching that itch from time to time.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I agree completely. Many of my handguns are just practical tools and you certainly don't need a high-end 1911 for defensive use. But, some guns just come with an element of pride in ownership attached to them and I get great satisfaction out of scratching that itch from time to time.
    Exactly. And I already have a wealth of guns that fill that role, while the P30SK gets the day to day scutwork. What I should be doing is selling off stuff to generate mad money for a second P30SK with a RDS and possible toys like a EVO CCO9 (and a new bass amp.)
    Ken

The aluminum guns in the EVO series have always run at a higher price than the steel ones, and the whole lineup has been creeping up in price since introduction. I think the flagship KC9 model started at $1800 and it's currently ... [checks website] ... holy shit it's also nearly three grand now. Damn. Well, I guess now the aluminum ones aren't more expensive...

I liked my KC9 a lot. Ultimately I was tired of having both 9mm and .45 1911s to support, and when looking at the very permanent and resale-value-destroying prospect of direct milling for optics I decided the one 9mm needed to go so it got replaced with another Government .45. But, it was reliable, accurate, easy to shoot, and even with a steel frame an easy gun to carry.

They are great guns, though they were really a steal back when they were selling for nice Dan Wesson prices. Now, at $3000 MSRP, they're into used Nighthawk territory. I'm not going to tell you that it isn't worth the premium over your DWs, but I'm not sure I'd bite at this price. Not new, at least - I'd probably either save money and get another DW (maybe play the hunt and bid game to get one of the discontinued but awesome Valkyries) or spend a bit more and get a Nighthawk.

Reminder - it doesn't have to be your kidney.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Reminder - it doesn't have to be your kidney.
    Name:  IMG_5096.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  96.4 KB
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    …get another DW (maybe play the hunt and bid game to get one of the discontinued but awesome Valkyries)...
    I’ve actually been casually keeping an eye out for one of these.
    Ken

User Tag List