Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat trigger on TDA?

Flat trigger on TDA?

Name:  IMG_0270__45832.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  27.8 KB

This is absolutely, positively, NOT a shot at LTT.

While that trigger seems like it would be cool for the SA shots, it seems like the reach and angle would be downright odd for the DA shots.

Anyone here with hands on experience that can comment?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Name:  IMG_0270__45832.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  27.8 KB

This is absolutely, positively, NOT a shot at LTT.

While that trigger seems like it would be cool for the SA shots, it seems like the reach and angle would be downright odd for the DA shots.

Anyone here with hands on experience that can comment?
    It looks odd works great. While not DA, my p30 lem with one is fantastic. Provides a very consistent feeling and 90 degree break. Also it is a really nice feeling trigger, so that helps.

Name:  20240202_082955.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  56.0 KB

I have GG flat triggers (and short reset kits) in all of my HKs that accept them. One is a P30LS that started as TDA, was converted to LEM and will be changed back to TDA once I get around to it. The flat trigger works just fine in both actions. I know it looks odd, but it’s very practical.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I've tried flat triggers on other people's guns and don't like them--especially for DA. I want my finger to index at exactly the same spot on the trigger as it comes into contact from the draw. I felt like the flat trigger was ambiguous, and my finger slid along it. It makes the DA pull feel longer. I suppose it could be good for SA, in the way a 1911 trigger is? But my SA triggers are already more than good enough for gaming and defense.

By contrast, the short reach/short reset kits in my CZs make a much bigger difference. In a good way.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I think this is going to be VERY dependent upon hand shape/finger length, and if it's a TDA or a LEM.

A CZ75 at half-cock is the outer limits for what I can effectively work with, and I can't see how making that a further reach would be a benefit for me.

For reference, large gloves fit, but about 1/2 of the last digit is unused cloth that gets folded over - medium gloves fit the fingers, but crush the palm.

I keep groveling to GG to do the flat trigger for the HK45c - HK’s own trigger is shared with the USPc, but using the GG USPc flat trigger in my HK45c resulted in no hammerfall which GG said is expected. Sometimes trying to be tricky bites you in the butt.

The bright side is that I now have a USPc seed…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

The GGI flat trigger works great for SA and LEM. For a full weight DA/DAO (.e.g. ~10-12#+), I find it a bit awkward. The upper part of the trigger is farther forward than the stock trigger of course.

Also, because of the profile, with any significant weight it feels like you almost have to pull down and back to keep your finger at the same spot as opposed to rolling from the top of the trigger down towards a more normal placement.

This is easily ignored in at least light to mid weight LEM. I think I tried it once with heavy LEM, but I believe the other springs I was using still had that down to a ~7# pull on a well-used P30. On a stock HK or Beretta DA pull of 10-12#+, I don't think it will be very enjoyable.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    The GGI flat trigger works great for SA and LEM. For a full weight DA/DAO (.e.g. ~10-12#+), I find it a bit awkward. The upper part of the trigger is farther forward than the stock trigger of course.

Also, because of the profile, with any significant weight it feels like you almost have to pull down and back to keep your finger at the same spot as opposed to rolling from the top of the trigger down towards a more normal placement.

This is easily ignored in at least light to mid weight LEM. I think I tried it once with heavy LEM, but I believe the other springs I was using still had that down to a ~7# pull on a well-used P30. On a stock HK or Beretta DA pull of 10-12#+, I don't think it will be very enjoyable.
    My plan is to pull the flat trigger out of my P30LS when I convert it back, and then it will go in a future second P30SK LEM. It works well enough for me on a TDA, but it shines on LEM.
    Ken

I did not like it on a cz p09, as it allowed my finger to get too low and exacerbated the finger touching frame issue i had with that gun. I don't particularly like them on striker guns either.

With that said, just for experience sake, i am always looking to try things for myself and intend to try a volker on a 92 this year at some point. And will get a GG trigger when i get a p30 from ltt at some point in the future. Sometimes i just like to throw money away
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I tried one in a 92 about 4 years ago.
    It felt nice in single action…

… but definitely was weird in double action.

I pulled it & swapped in Beretta’s semi-straight aluminum trigger.

User Tag List