Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 509T on an M&P2.0

509T on an M&P2.0

I have an FDE M&P en route, and I also ordered an FDE Holosun 509T. What optics plate is recommended for these? I’m assuming the C&H?
    **OK**

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I have an FDE M&P en route, and I also ordered an FDE Holosun 509T. What optics plate is recommended for these? I’m assuming the C&H?
    Oh god no.

On this forum alone you will find numerous posts about terrible C&H plates for that specific combo.
    C&H is shit and has been for a long time, they are heavily shilled by many gun influencers but the actual product they produce is shit at least 50% of the time.

I think calculated kinetics or cncpros may be your best bet for that particular combo.

Eleven71 makes a good plate as well but they are pricey - I think worth it but pricey. I’ve also heard very good things about their customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    If you will message me your mailing info I have a new, unused Calculated Kinetics plate you can have, free of charge. It was given to me and I don't have any 509T optics. Their plates are top notch. It was fitted on my slide to test fitment with Safariland ALS holsters, other wise new in package.

Although I have seen the threads about C&H quality, I would note that for reasons beyond my control, I am required to use the C&H plate on the M&P 2.0, along with a number of co-workers, and we have not had any problems with those even under fairly hard use. Maybe there was a bad batch? We have some fairly clear guidelines on torque, thread locker, one-time use, etc.

I was interested in the Calculated Kinetics plate for the gas blocking feature, but have not seen anything on holster comparability and that could be an issue. I doubt those would be approved for that reason. The eleven71 plates look nice and if I could do so, I might use one. I am tempted to see if i could get one on loan for T&E, and if approved, I would buy one, or maybe I should just buy one and submit it for evaluation, but I don't know how many other folks I work with would be willing to pay the price.

I often take user complaints about products with a grain of salt. I see a lot of plate screws improperly torqued and coming loose, being damaged, and sometimes then shearing. For whatever reason, this seems most common with Glocks. I don't mean to say it is a Glock problem, and the fact Glocks are most common may be the simple answer. We require the LE/Mil steel plates on Glocks now.

I have see people mounting and re-mounting optics without adequately degreasing screw holes, improperly using thread locker or using the wrong product, or not letting it cure, guessing at torque or not even thinking about it, re-using screws that are really intended as one time use, etc., and that could play into user complaints.

Just some additional points to consider.

Edit: The EPS is probably the most popular holosun I am seeing, and perhaps that is also a factor. I have a vague memory of some mounting problems a while back with the other Holosun models.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    If you will message me your mailing info I have a new, unused Calculated Kinetics plate you can have, free of charge. It was given to me and I don't have any 509T optics. Their plates are top notch. It was fitted on my slide to test fitment with Safariland ALS holsters, other wise new in package.
    Wow.
    That’s awesome. Message sent!
    **OK**

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I would be interested in hearing how well it worked with the ALS.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Although I have seen the threads about C&H quality...
    Can confirm that CHWPS plates and machining can be problematic. @JCL
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I would be interested in hearing how well it worked with the ALS.

It locked in 2 of 3 ALS holsters I have. The one that it didn't lock in was very close. My holsters consisted of an early 6390RDS-2192, a late 6360RDS-2222 and a late 6390RDS-2222. There's some slight variations in ALS mechanisms over time which I think it why it worked for 2 of 3.

I had originally found CK when I was looking for a CHPWS alternative for my EPS. When I discovered that plate prevented my pistol from locking in ALS holsters I contacted CK and he was very receptive about the issue. I actually modified my original plate until it worked and sent him the dimensions. He actually sent me a revised plate to replaced my modified (mangled?) plate. It worked better and locked into my 3 ALS holsters.

The guy that runs CK is a stand up guy. Very responsive to customer inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Can confirm that CHWPS plates and machining can be problematic. @JCL
    Only if you consider stuff like RMR mounts tapped for #4 screws and a dovetail that a rear backup sight will drop right through to be a problem.
    "The older I get, the more I think that just staying home and drinking the good stuff by yourself is way underrated as a healthy practice." - Totem Polar

"An entire worldview devoted to being offside." - feudist

User Tag List