Thread: 3' 9mm LCRx available

Site Supporter

3' 9mm LCRx available

I can't afford it but I just put one on layaway with Buds, Grab a Gun also has some.

I only carry a single reload anyhow when I carry a revolver AiWB so I figure I can carry a moonclip in the revolver and a speedstrip for a reload. Cheaper ammo, ammo that will expand, and adjustable sights. Seems like a good deal, it can't be any worse to shoot than a 442 or a 856 UL.

Site Supporter
    It's way worse than a 442 or 856UL in my experience.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    It's way worse than a 442 or 856UL in my experience.
    Uh oh. Well it’s too late now, I guess I’ll report back once I shoot it.

Site Supporter
    Well, my LCR 9 is about like my 642 with +p but different, a little snappier. I don't mind it, been shooting 50-100 rd's at a time with preloaded clips. in a way, it's more preferable than shooting a spicy 38
    Last edited by D-der; 02-08-2024 at 02:38 PM.

Lots of P-F’ers have reported that standard pressure 147gr provide ‘relatively’ mild recoil, fwiw.

Sharps, I think you might just like it. I've had one for a while. The factory Hogue "Tamer" grips, with whatever that blue insert is, really do tame the 3" LCRx recoil with the more energetic loads. The 2" S&W 940, shooting the same ammo, is the one that will get your attention. Ballistics of 9mm ammo in the little 2" and 3" revolvers are better than many might suspect. And the LCRx handles it all without incident.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List