Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suppressor and Muzzle Device Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    If I may jump into this conversation, What if you do care about signature reduction? Is the HUXWRX FLOW 556k still a viable option? Or should I look at the Surefire SOCOM RC-2 with a 3 or 4 prong? The Surefire RC-3 sounded like the answer until the internet told me that its signature reduction is supposed to be similar to a flame thrower. I don't know how true that is, but I have seen the cost of the RC-3 and it's painful.
    Take a look at the KAC CRS/PRT if visual signature is a concern: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...chnology/page3, https://www.forces.net/technology/we...ines-new-rifle

Although this video is not done IAW a scientific protocol and is thus still subjective, shooting the PRT suppressor under NODS looks really impressive on this guy's camera, the first round flash is less noticeable compared to many competing models and the PRT is managing the heat better than a lot of competing suppressor models: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH2OmUZK7eQ.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    If you could start over what would you do?
    I would start with 16 inch and no pin and weld. You're aren't winning enough length (or shortness, if you will) to offset the lack of options during your period of learning.

World's leading militaries experiment with this, why shouldn't you?

Of course they have vast reserves of taxpayer money. But remember that on an AR with non-proprietary barrel nut and gas tuibe arrangement, you can swap the barrel alone later. That reduces your financial risk.

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I hear good things. @Cdub_NW has this combo I think?
    Yes, I have this combo on three uppers, 2x 12.5" 13.9" uppers

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    After having been burned by buying the latest hotness, I will likely be sticking with Surefire and TBAC from now on.

If the upper will be used primarily with the can, I'd go with a brake (acts as a sacrificial 1st baffle and prolongs can life). If the upper will be shot a lot without the can, I'd go with a flash hider because brakes are harsh on anyone nearby.
    This is something that I've been worried about with cans and is one of the biggest reasons I've bought KAC and SureFire. I remember a Shot Show a few years ago where they called it "year of the suppressor" because there were so many new options. If there's one thing I don't want to gamble on, its and NFA item. Dead Air is coming under a lot of fire for issues and before Hux (formerly OSS, why the rebranding?), DA was the new hotness that everyone had to have.

I'm pretty confident that SF and KAC aren't going anywhere and I've had great interactions with their CS before. Plus those things have been tested to hell.

Between 14.5 and 16, I go 14.5 pinned all day. Size matters, and I want as short as legally possible, especially with a can on it.

Muzzle devices is one of the reasons I like KAC over SF. KAC's three prong is great, SureFire's is long AF and rings. Whether that matters to you is obviously subjective, but the three prong is their best option IMO. The Warcomps have some weirdness to them, mostly covered already. KAC's brake has been unattainable for a while so that's less ideal, and even when it was available, it was expensive AF. KAC's new cans also replaced their old ones which may or may not be good. SureFire gives you the option of RC2 with more blowback and better signature reduction or RC3 for flow through.

At the end of the day, SF SOCOM with a three prong pinned and welded is the easy button answer. It may be a bit gassy in heavy fire but there are workarounds for that. KAC if you're feeling real gucci and can find them.

User Tag List