Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Crumbley’s Mother Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter

In the video below, attorney Tom Grieve shows the drawing that school officials saw, and the altered drawing that the parents saw when they arrived at the school that morning. The altered drawing shows peace and love, and Tom points out that the SRO and other school officials failed to look in the kid’s backpack. The drawings are shown from 4:30min-6min. Tom also discusses his thoughts on this being a blessing for the gun grabbers, and how they will now use this to go after everyone involved in the process of getting a gun.

Well, you see, The ATF provides us with this handy little form called a 4473 and as long as it is filled out properly and I verify the customers ID's then it is on them if they lie, not us...

Transferee Certification Statement right above the customer signature block: “I understand that a person who answers “yes” to any of the questions 21.b. through 21.l. as well as 21.n. is prohibited from receiving, possessing, or purchasing a firearm.

If someone lies to us then they are already committing a crime. So not really worried about them trying to come after us sucessfully.

Did not watch the video as I'm not putting a click into a fear mongering clickbait artists pocket...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

So let’s see how many inner city “parents” are held to the same standard as this idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Did not watch the video as I'm not putting a click into a fear mongering clickbait artists pocket...
    Absolutely understandable. Below are the two drawings the killer produced that morning, and the parents only saw the second. While it’s not pivotal, it could lend some insight as to why they didn’t take him home.

Name:  IMG_6832.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6833.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  48.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Absolutely understandable. Below are the two drawings the killer produced that morning, and the parents only saw the second. While it’s not pivotal, it could lend some insight as to why they didn’t take him home.

Name:  IMG_6832.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6833.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  48.7 KB
    The artwork is not the concerning part about the drawing. Some of the crossed out writing is still visible, but the parents might not have looked as hard not seeing the first drawing.

The conviction of these parents was no doubt merited. What is concerning is where the other side of the gun control debate is trying to push this in the future.

In this case, the drawings were one piece of a much larger puzzle. What happens in the next case when drawings are present but other pieces are missing?

Criminal negligence is roughly equivalent to civil recklessness. It requires not just proof of a failure to do or not do something, but reckless disregard. Reckless disregard appears to be shown in this case with the totality of the evidence. My concern is that the other side sees this case as a stepping stone to gradually lower the standard of showing reckless disregard when making a gun available to a minor - or perhaps not making it available but the minor gets passed whatever security was in place.

A parent leaving a gun in a nightstand when a 5 year old lives in the house is reckless.

A parent of a 14 year old could, depending on the 14 year old, reasonably believe that providing access was safe. The other side, however, is trying to push so that no one ever sees doing so as reasonable, even if the 14 year old completed their education in record time and just graduate from college.

The problem is not where things stand now. It is where this will go if we are not vigilant.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Someone’s kid gets into the liquor cabinet and then has a DUI accident with fatalities, the parents are now looking at jail time.

Crumbley’s going to be a huge precedent.
    That right there ^^^^^is the $64 million dollar question…With the current amount of people in this country who’s definition of thinking, and emotion are blurred, and don’t have the ability to separate one from the other, The answer to Stephanie B’s question is horrifyingly obvious..Stick the fork in, we, as a country are done..

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    So let’s see how many inner city “parents” are held to the same standard as this idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/05/us/ne...her/index.html

That gun was allegedly on the top shelf and secured with a trigger lock.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    That right there ^^^^^is the $64 million dollar question…With the current amount of people in this country who’s definition of thinking, and emotion are blurred, and don’t have the ability to separate one from the other, The answer to Stephanie B’s question is horrifyingly obvious..Stick the fork in, we, as a country are done..
    That's overblown. IMO. The Crumbleys failed to exercise reasonable parental responsibilities (at least the mother, the dad hasn't yet gone to trial) and they are paying the price for that. Same for parents who close their eyes to their kids abusing alcohol and driving drunk. This sort of accountability has been coming since the affluenza case.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/05/us/ne...her/index.html

That gun was allegedly on the top shelf and secured with a trigger lock.

Is she pleading guilty to murder or manslaughter? Nope. Federal gun charges for drugs and such. Along with state indictments for neglect and safe storage law violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That's overblown. IMO. The Crumbleys failed to exercise reasonable parental responsibilities (at least the mother, the dad hasn't yet gone to trial) and they are paying the price for that. Same for parents who close their eyes to their kids abusing alcohol and driving drunk. This sort of accountability has been coming since the affluenza case.
    Dont disagree, but I still see this as a slippery slope of selective enforcement. Let's see what happens when someone dares to start locking up baby mama's and baby daddy's cause their kid killed someone with Fentanyl or was in a drive by. The collective gnashing of teeth will be so great your head will most likely explode.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Is she pleading guilty to murder or manslaughter? Nope. Federal gun charges for drugs and such. Along with state indictments for neglect and safe storage law violations.

Dont disagree, but I still see this as a slippery slope of selective enforcement. Let's see what happens when someone dares to start locking up baby mama's and baby daddy's cause their kid killed someone with Fentanyl or was in a drive by. The collective gnashing of teeth will be so great your head will most likely explode.
    I have been reading about parents being criminally charged when their kids were seriously injured or died after exposure to Fentanyl or other drugs which were left out by the parents for quite some time. I have not seen anyone shocked by this.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List