Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethan Crumbley’s Mother Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter

Ethan Crumbley’s Mother Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jennifer-...hooters-mother

Looks like a slippery slope, but what do I know….

Interesting.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/jennifer-...hooters-mother

Looks like a slippery slope, but what do I know….
    This one seems to be proof of the old adage “hard cases make bad law”.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I followed the trial on Court tv and watched quite a bit of testimony and daily synopsis. The mother is a piece of work selfish, more concerned with her horse and cheating on her husband so no tears shed for her but I don't think it rises to criminal conviction. Close but civil is more appropriate.

World is full of bad parents. Why not prosecute them all for what their children do? If she did not directly aid his plans / acts do not see it as a good thing but have not followed it much.

Slippery slope

state sponsored slut shaming

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    World is full of bad parents. Why not prosecute them all for what their children do? If she did not directly aid his plans / acts do not see it as a good thing but have not followed it much.

Slippery slope
    The concept makes a certain amount of sense- if a child is legally under the responsibility of their parents and not the state, then it's only fair that the parents be held accountable for the actions of their children.
    A big part of freedom is the freedom to accept the consequences of one's actions. So, if a parent wants the freedom to give a firearm to their minor child under their responsibility, then as the responsible person they also should share in the consequences of that that minor child does with it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

GOOD

Her, her son, her husband need to burn in hell forever.
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Someone’s kid gets into the liquor cabinet and then has a DUI accident with fatalities, the parents are now looking at jail time.

Crumbley’s going to be a huge precedent.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The most responsible parents are daily betrayed by .gov ran school systems. Are we to treat all children as stupid babies until 18 for fear of prison time if/when the school systems put them on drugs without the parents knowledge??

Have not watched it close but still see little sense in any of it.

User Tag List