Thread: Magtech .22LR?

Magtech .22LR?

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Local place has it by the case but not the individual box.

Name:  IMG_2068.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  61.1 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I've shot a bit of it. It's okay, it was dirty as all get out but it functioned on par with Winchester or Remington bulk stuff. As with about any other rimfire, YMMV based on what your gun likes.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Thanks! Was it super greasy like the Norma TAC-22? I read a couple of comments comparing the two but they were a couple of years old.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

With the current price of Aguila Super Extra running at $0.05 per round delivered, I rather go with it as it is known and consistent.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks! Was it super greasy like the Norma TAC-22? I read a couple of comments comparing the two but they were a couple of years old.
    It's been a while, but I don't remember it being really greasy. Definitely remember it feeling dirtier when handling it to load.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Pretty greasy/covered in some sort of lube and dirt combination, at least the stuff they sell in a bottle is (figure it's the same as the boxes).

Nothing to really note of it otherwise, good or bad.

If I was buying bulk amounts, I'd look at something else, simply to keep the amount of crud on my hands from loading down.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    With the current price of Aguila Super Extra running at $0.05 per round delivered, I rather go with it as it is known and consistent.
    This. I have shot around 5,000 rounds of the Aguila. It's good ammo.

User Tag List