Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raven-style holster problem

Question

Have you treated the interior of the holster with silicone spray?

The ejection port needs released. Heat that area, then insert the slide in just enough to form flush around it. That area should be the same height or taller than the slide to draw smoothly.

Any issue with rubbing on the middle finger's middle joint area (towards the trigger finger side)? Looks like too much kydex in that area.

If you wanted to send the holster and a prepaid shipping label my way, I can clean it up best possible. Should only take a minute or two. Just shoot me a PM if interested.

I am not an expert on Raven Holster. I do follow them on Facebook. They are always posting that they do not sell on Ebay. I think you got ripped off. I would see if you can get your money back.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

Quote Originally Posted by saints75 View Post
    I am not an expert on Raven Holster. I do follow them on Facebook. They are always posting that they do not sell on Ebay. I think you got ripped off. I would see if you can get your money back.
    The OP knows he didn't buy a actual Raven produced holster. He just referred to it as a "Raven style".

I have always just used a lighter to make fine adjustments to kydex holsters. It allows me to heat a very specific area. Just don't apply the heat to one location for too long without taking a break because an open flame can overheat the kydex.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    The ejection port needs released. Heat that area, then insert the slide in just enough to form flush around it. That area should be the same height or taller than the slide to draw smoothly.

Any issue with rubbing on the middle finger's middle joint area (towards the trigger finger side)? Looks like too much kydex in that area.

If you wanted to send the holster and a prepaid shipping label my way, I can clean it up best possible. Should only take a minute or two. Just shoot me a PM if interested.

I totally aggree with the ejection port comment. Check the area near your Glock's ejection port. If you see little bits of kydex you know this area is too tight.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by 45R View Post
    I totally aggree with the ejection port comment. Check the area near your Glock's ejection port. If you see little bits of kydex you know this area is too tight.
    Now that y'all mention it, I just went and looked at my RCS Phantom for my G19 and there is indeed no indentation for the ejection port. I can see where that could cause a problem. (I still say that trigger guard molding looks a little aggressive, too...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    (I still say that trigger guard molding looks a little aggressive, too...)
    Agreed 100%.

User Tag List