Thread: VP9 SK with MTS?

VP9 SK with MTS?

So I am just perusing online at gun.deals and I come across VP9 SK that’s listed as having a manual thumb safety. Pics were all factory but none with the said MTS option. I thought this was an error so I started searching the MPN on other sites. Same result: all listings are MTS but factory pics.

Does the VP9 sk have a MTS option? I couldn’t find any pics with a quick Google search. The MPN is: 81000814. It’s an OD green model.

Maybe this is a thing and I have just been under a rock, IDK.

There ostensibly is a manual safety for VP9/VP9SK - but as far as I know - it only exists in the European market as an agency-level option. I have never been able to get clarity on if it actually exists beyond some prototypes shown in ~2017.

If a manual thumb safety variant has made it state side I would consider this huge news but I also suspect this is a typo.

HK just got 4 VP9 pistols approved for sale in California, FS VP9, FS VP9 OR, VP9SK, and the VP9L OR. My understanding is that one of the requirements is a manual safety. California also requires a Cali approved LCI and a magazine disconnect. Perhaps it's related.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 02-06-2024 at 02:16 AM.

I am fine with the VP9 as it is. I own several differ them. But I would like to see a VP9 with a manual safety. But I wonder if it is a CA approved gun that has a magazine disconnect, might it screw up the gun's fantastic trigger pull? The trigger pull is one of the key qualities that makes the gun what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosity Student View Post
    So I am just perusing online at gun.deals and I come across VP9 SK that’s listed as having a manual thumb safety. Pics were all factory but none with the said MTS option. I thought this was an error so I started searching the MPN on other sites. Same result: all listings are MTS but factory pics.

Does the VP9 sk have a MTS option? I couldn’t find any pics with a quick Google search. The MPN is: 81000814. It’s an OD green model.

Maybe this is a thing and I have just been under a rock, IDK.

Don’t tease me.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Ok, I spent lunch nerding out a bit. Below are the MPNs that have the MTS option listed. All come as 15+1 capacity options. I called CS at KYGunCo to confirm. Lady who answered stated it does have MTS but gun was not in stock and had to email distributor to confirm. Waiting on a response. I realize that this may all be typos but more to come. So far GrabAGun and KYGunCo.

81000808 - Black frame, Optics ready, push button mag release, MTS
    81000813 - Grey frame, MTS
    81000814 - OD Frame, MTS
    81000816 - FDE Frame, MTS

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosity Student View Post
    Ok, I spent lunch nerding out a bit. Below are the MPNs that have the MTS option listed. All come as 15+1 capacity options. I called CS at KYGunCo to confirm. Lady who answered stated it does have MTS but gun was not in stock and had to email distributor to confirm. Waiting on a response. I realize that this may all be typos but more to come. So far GrabAGun and KYGunCo.

81000808 - Black frame, Optics ready, push button mag release, MTS
    81000813 - Grey frame, MTS
    81000814 - OD Frame, MTS
    81000816 - FDE Frame, MTS
    Any updates?

Because some of us have wanted a VP9 with MTS for a long time and are cautiously optimistic.

Nothing yet. I have an email out to GrabAGun. Never heard back from KYGunCo.

User Tag List