Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 G17 and M&P 2.0 Comparison shoot

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    I read this and decided to shoot my “stack a toe”. at home I noticed that both of my screws were loose.
    I’m using the factory core plastic plates with a 507. Are my two screws now compromised? What dimension/spec screws would I need if I want to remount my 507? I may try this titanium plate that was mentioned above.
    I would consider them compromised. Before you do anything else, carefully remove the screws and check the raised front bosses on the plastic plate. If you caught it early they may still be ok, but if they are deformed I wouldn’t use the plate. If nothing else it’s good information.

For your Holosun 507C, you are going to need to use 6-32 x 1/2” flat head screws with a small diameter head. I order mine from McMaster-Carr (McMaster.com). They aren’t crazy expensive but if you’re only ordering one box you might pay more in shipping than for the screws.

If you’d rather not pay for a bunch, PM me mailing info and I’ll mail you a couple sets… I’ve got a bunch and since I retired my mounting workload has diminished significantly.

Like I mentioned earlier - once you go to re-mount the optic with whatever plate you use it’s really important to use the correct procedure to minimize the chances of the optic coming loose.

I appreciate that! I’ll pm you in a bit. Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    An M&P and Optic I really shouldn't join because I've never owned a CORE pistol. The funny thing - to me - is that if it weren't for being very invested in M&P support gear and Glock's lack of a thumb safety, the Gen 5 guns finally let me like Glocks.
    I’m surprised that someone has not developed a quality aftermarket thumb safety for the Gen 5. There has to be enough of a market that it would generate a profit for whoever did it.

Also the way of field stripping the MP makes me feel a little more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    I read this and decided to shoot my “stack a toe”. at home I noticed that both of my screws were loose.
    I’m using the factory core plastic plates with a 507. Are my two screws now compromised? What dimension/spec screws would I need if I want to remount my 507? I may try this titanium plate that was mentioned above.
    If you buy the titanium plate on Amazon it comes with 2 sets of pretty decent quality screws as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m surprised that someone has not developed a quality aftermarket thumb safety for the Gen 5. There has to be enough of a market that it would generate a profit for whoever did it.

Also the way of field stripping the MP makes me feel a little more comfortable.
    Glock has not even been able to develop a quality OEM manual safety. They’ve done at least three different factory manual safeties for various institutional contracts and they all suck.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The (re)introduction of the SCD removed the last objection I had to Glocks. I've now got a G45 and a G19.5, both with SCDs, and am getting used to the funky grip angle. The grip angle is still funky, though.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    All this as I'm pondering the idea of getting a M&P 2.0 CORE model....

Maybe I'd just get the Holosun SCS set up for the S&W
    I have used mine for months on the Metal M&P, took two instructor classes with it and really like it. I need to put a standard height rear sight on because the tall are far too tall with the low mounted SCS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    All this as I'm pondering the idea of getting a M&P 2.0 CORE model....

Maybe I'd just get the Holosun SCS set up for the S&W
    Unlike Glock, the factory ACRO cut M&P is fairly easy to find in gunbroker if you search by SKU.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unlike Glock, the factory ACRO cut M&P is fairly easy to find in gunbroker if you search by SKU.
    I just plugged in, "Glock 45 MOS Acro," on Gunbroker and got 21 results, 20 of which are Glock 45 MOS-7s with Acros installed.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I just plugged in, "Glock 45 MOS Acro," on Gunbroker and got 21 results, 20 of which are Glock 45 MOS-7s with Acros installed.
    I wonder if that is a distributor, special edition, or some type of contract overrun?

With other Glock normally only sells the direct mail, guns to agencies in the United States.

User Tag List