Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Gaston Era

Post Gaston Era

I asked the Glock rep at the IDPA match today if he anticipated any changes with Gaston gone.
    He said nothing had filtered down to his level but did mention a new service. For PD orders only, the department purchasing officer can specify a particular direct mount dot base.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I would think Gaston had the company pretty much running itself without him well before he died, and thus will continue on the same path.

I actually hope they do largely continue on the same path. Big changes can bring good things, but they can and often do mess up what used to be a good thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I asked the Glock rep at the IDPA match today if he anticipated any changes with Gaston gone.
    He said nothing had filtered down to his level but did mention a new service. For PD orders only, the department purchasing officer can specify a particular direct mount dot base.
    Direct mill MOS variants for specific optics footprints are not new.

They’ve been offering factory guns cut for the Shield (UK) and RMR footprints in Europe and other places outside the U.S. for several years.

Direct mill variants for the RMR and DPP (and more recently ACRO) have been available for institutional sales in the U.S. for at least 2 years.

As @HCM mentioned, it's not new. Multiple agencies around me have purchased them, or are in the process of buying them. My old department is going with the MOS6, which is cut for the Holosun 509T.

Currently the only model available for the different MOS cuts is the G45, with the exception of a G47 that can be ordered with the ACRO cut.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    As @HCM mentioned, it's not new. Multiple agencies around me have purchased them, or are in the process of buying them. My old department is going with the MOS6, which is cut for the Holosun 509T.

Currently the only model available for the different MOS cuts is the G45, with the exception of a G47 that can be ordered with the ACRO cut.
    For dept sales: G47 now has all the optics packages available too. They added the remaining SKU’s at SHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    For dept sales: G47 now has all the optics packages available too. They added the remaining SKU’s at SHOT.
    Nice, thanks for the update.

The G45 is really popular around here. I wonder if the G47 will start cutting into G45 sales now.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I would think Gaston had the company pretty much running itself without him well before he died, and thus will continue on the same path.
    It was obvious that Ruger evolved significantly after Bill died. While Gaston certainly has not been running the company day to day, there might be products or initiatives he was not supportive of that might move forward (like after Bill died).

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Nice, thanks for the update.

The G45 is really popular around here. I wonder if the G47 will start cutting into G45 sales now.
    Wished I’d known sooner. My dept went G45509BOTF… and run x300 lights. In our case, we’d have gone G47 but only the ACRO option existed when we ordered in November. New guns are scheduled to arrive at the end of the month for us.

I heard they were going into bolt action market.

Ok, so it has been being done. In defense of my contact, he is new on the job with Glock.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List